QuickBooks is indeed a software in demand due to its efficiency in allowing multiple users at a time and fulfilling the accounting needs of the businesses very effectively. But sometimes, during installation, this accounting software faces some errors, out of which QuickBooks Error Code 1601 is quite common. When this error occurs, the following message appears on the screen:
‘Error 1601: Windows installer is not accessible’
If you are also facing this error, then you can contact certified QuickBooks professionals on this toll-free number i.e. 1-800-969-7370. The team of experts is certified and is available round the clock to help you with our queries.
Common causes of QuickBooks Error Code 1601
- Microsoft Windows Installer has been corrupted
- There is some fault in the QuickBooks downloading file
- Permission denied to put in QuickBooks software system
- Files have been bolted
- May be programs area unit has been infected by some malware and viruses
Read it also: What is component repair tool in QuickBooks?
Methods to fix Java Error 1601 in QuickBooks Desktop
Checkout the latest solution methods to resolve the QuickBooks error 1601:
Solution 1: Verify windows installer service
- Click on Start button and enter ‘msc’.
- Select SERVICES, then right click on ‘Windows Installer’ and Properties option.
- Check whether the option Startup-type is disabled; if it’s not, then click on Manual.
- Users can click on ‘Service Status’ and set to Start which will enable Windows.
- If the error was caused because of the Windows installer, then the error would have been solved by now.
If the error has not solved with Solution 1, then you can proceed with few more solutions.
Solution 2: Re-registering the windows installer
- Click on Start and enter ‘cmd’
- A new Command Prompt window will appear on the screen
- Type ‘msiexec/unregister’ and click Enter key.
- Then, type ‘msiexec/register’ and hit Enter key.
- Now, close this Command Prompt window and log out and restart the system.
- Click Install the QuickBooks program.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Install QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, and login as System Administrator
- Open browser; type QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and hit enter key
- Click on the Download link of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Save the file in local desktop and close background programs
- Click twice on QBInstall_Tool_v2.exe and run as option.
- It will repair all issues by scanning the system.
See Also: How can I fix QuickBooks error 6000 83?
Solution 4: Manually resolve this error
- Click on Start and press Windows+R keys together.
- In Command Prompt window, type ‘exe/unreg’ and press OK button.
- Click OK as it will confirm the message that appears on the pop-up dialog box.
- Click start and use Windows+R keys again
- In window, fill ‘exe/regserver’ and click OK button
- As you receive confirmation, click OK button.
The solutions provided above will surely help you resolve QuickBooks Install Error 1601. But in case, you are not able to resolve this error, then it is better to seek QB expert’s advice. You can contact a certified QuickBooks desktop support team on this toll-free number i.e. 1-800-969-7370.