Learn how to troubleshoot the QuickBooks desktop update errors:
QuickBooks desktop software always come up with its updates, along with new features and functionalities. Thus, the users are always to recommended to keeping updating to the newest release available. In certain cases, while updating the QuickBooks desktop software, users often end up in update errors. In today’s article we have tried to provide the general troubleshooting information for fixing update errors in QuickBooks desktop. If you are also encountering any sort of update errors in QuickBooks desktop, then read this post ahead to find out the ways to fix the issue.
You can also get in touch with QuickBooks ProAdvisors, who will help you in getting rid of the QuickBooks update errors with much ease. You just need to give us a call at our toll-free customer support number and leave the rest on our professionals and certified experts.
See Also: How to Fix Fatal Error in QuickBooks Desktop?
What is meant by QuickBooks desktop update errors?
Talking about the QuickBooks desktop update errors, they are seen when the user tries to update the QuickBooks Every time an update is released in the market, the software itself indicates the user about it. As a consequence of the update errors, the user might not be able to update the software. This results in the new features not getting installed. The user might not get this error message, but some issue might arise while updating the software. Some of the update errors include:
- Error 12045
- QuickBooks error code 12157
- QuickBooks error 12038
- Error code 12037
These errors are usually seen due to a couple of factors, which will be discussed later in this article.
Causes of QuickBooks desktop update errors
There are a couple of factors leading to the update errors, which include the following:
- A bad internet connection can be a major factor
- Also, limiting settings of personal firewall or internet security
- Multiple cases of QuickBooks on the same system can also be one valid reason behind the occurrence of this issue.
Solutions to the QuickBooks desktop update errors
The quick fixes to the QuickBooks desktop update errors are discussed in detail below. Let us explore each of them one by one:
Method 1: Verifying the system date and time
The very first method is to verify the date and time on the system. Many times, the date and time can also create an issue resulting in QuickBooks desktop update errors. The steps involved in verifying the system date and time are as follows:
- The user needs to firstly right click the system clock placed on the desktop screen and also select the option adjust date/time.
- After that, select the change date and time option and write the current date and time
- The next step is to click on OK twice
- And also, close and open QuickBooks desktop once
After that run the update and check if the error persists
You may also like: Resolve network issues with QuickBooks File Doctor test results
Method 2: Multiple instances of QuickBooks on the same system
Many times, it might happen that the update errors might occur due to more than one installation of QuickBooks desktop of the same version year installed on the system. In such a scenario, the user will have to download and install a manual update for one or more versions of QuickBooks desktop.
Method 3: Checking the internet connection settings
The user will have to open the web browser and move to the chase banking. In case the page is not opening, he/she needs to follow the steps below:
- The user will first have to move to the help menu and then select the internet connection setup
- After that, select use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet
- Once done with that, click on next
- And also, move to the advanced connection settings
- The next step is to select the restore advanced settings
- And click on done
- The last step is to update QuickBooks desktop and check if the error is resolved or not.
Also See: How to solve QuickBooks is unable to send emails to outlook?
Method 4: Configuring the internet security or personal firewall application settings
At times, the internet security or firewall settings might hinder the updates. The user can simply check and verify the configuration of the internet security and personal firewall software settings. The steps to be followed are:
- Press the start tab and then look for QuickBooks database server manager
- And then, click on QuickBooks database server manager from the list and also click on the port monitor tab
- Now, note down the port number of the version of QuickBooks
- And then, click on start tab, once again and also search the windows firewall
- The next step is to select the windows firewall and click on advanced settings tab
- Also, right click the inbound rules option and hit the new rule tab
- Now, click on the port option and also click on next tab
- The user will then have to ensure to enable the TCP option
- And also, checkmark the specific local ports, followed by entering the port number in the text box
- After that, click on next tab and also select allow the connection option
- Now, click on next again and name the new rule
- The last step is to carry out the same steps for outbound rules
The user will also have to carry out the steps below:
- The user will have to enable the ports 80 and 443
- And then give access to the following files
Also Read: How to set up and use clearing account in QuickBooks?
Fixing QuickBooks desktop update errors becomes easy, once you are done with the methods above. However, if you have any query, or if you continue to face the issue even after following the methods above, then in that case make sure to get in touch with our QuickBooks pro customer support team, and they will provide you with the best possible solutions instantly.
Feel free to make a call at our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1-844-405-0906, whenever you need us and any sort of technical assistance.
Are you looking for the exporting lists from a QuickBooks company file to another? If yes, then this article will be pretty much helpful to you. The steps provided in this article related to the export lists from the old company file into a new data file, are based on the assumption that the user has already created a new company file. Thus, make sure to create a new company file, before you start with the procedures mentioned in this article.
Read this article carefully for further assistance. Or you can also get in touch with our certified ProAdvisors and experts, who will help you in exporting QuickBooks lists from the old QuickBooks company file to new data file without any issue. Give us a call right away at 1-844-405-0906, and leave the rest on us.
Before you dig in deep, make sure to go through these pointers:
- It should be taken into consideration that importing damaged lists to the company file will damage the file.
- In case the user is importing lists to an existing file or you already added information to the new company file, you need to ensure that you create a backup first.
- Moreover, the steps discussed later will only import lists. For moving transactions, it is recommended to use batch entry or a third-party software.
Related Article: Steps to Convert a QuickBooks for Windows file to QuickBooks for Mac
Steps to export lists from old QuickBooks company file
The below steps can help you in exporting lists from old company file. So, let us check out each of the steps one by one:
Step 1: Export List
The important point here is that, exporting the list from QuickBooks will create an .IIF file, which can be opened on notepad or excel. The user can export the major lists one at a time to prevent any issues.
- So, the user will have to select utilities tab from the file menu
- And then choose the export option
- Also, the lists to IIF files
- After that, choose the list to be exported and click on ok tab
- Now, the user should browse the location where he/she wishes to save the file and click on save.
Step 2: Cleaning up the lists
- The user can remove the customer to whom he/she no longer sell.
- Or the vendors from whom you no longer purchase
- The user can remove the employees who left
- Or the items that are not sold any further
- The first step to be followed is to open the IIF file exported from the company file in excel:
- For that open Microsoft excel
- And then from the file menu, choose open
- Now, select the located where the file is saved
- And then, in the file type field select all files option
- The user will then have to click and open the IIF file
- After that click twice and choose finish tab in the text import wizard. The IIF file is now opened in MS excel.
- In the next step, the user needs to make the edits required using MS Excel
- And also, save the changes
- For which, one can move to the file menu and select save. Also, choose the office tab
- And then, click on yes to the prompts that appears
- Now, exit the excel
- And also, click on don’t save
Read it Also: Resolve the Network Issues with QuickBooks File Doctor test Results
Step 3: Import the list
Once done with the steps above, the user needs to import the lists.
Important point to remember:
It should be noted, that the user will have to ensure that the import process runs smoothly, import the lost following the order listed below. It is recommended to backup the company file.
- The user needs to first open the new company file. And ensure to log in as admin, and also log in the single user mode.
- After that, from the file menu, choose utilities tab
- Followed by, selecting import and clicking on IIF files
- The user will then have to import the chart of accounts
- And then, import the files in the order below:
- The user needs to import the lists that do not contain the information from other lists:
- Customer type list
- Vendor type list
- Class list
- Job type list
- Payment terms list
- Payment methods list
- Shipping methods list
- Customer message list
- To do notes
- The user is recommended to import the lists below one by one:
- Other names
- Sales rep
- Price level
Step 4: Setting up the Opening Balance
- The last step in the entire process is to set up the opening balance.
The user needs to go through the record opening balance in QuickBooks desktop for further information.
Also See: How to Write Off Bad Debts in QuickBooks desktop?
Towards the end of this article, we expect that the exporting lists from the old company file into a new data file will be successful. However, if you are stuck at any point of time or in case of any query, feel free to call us at any point of time at 1(844)405-0906.
We are a team of 24X7 QuickBooks support team, who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services.
While making payments to customers in QuickBooks desktop using QuickBooks payments, then it might take a few days to get the money into the bank account. This is where instant deposits in QuickBooks desktop comes into play. Instant deposits for QuickBooks desktop or online permit the user to get the money even faster. One can get instant deposit in QuickBooks online as well, along with QuickBooks desktop. Setting up instant deposits allows the user to request and get funds into the bank account in less than 30 minutes. One can also schedule instant deposits to run automatically for specific days of the week. If the user is eligible, he/she can sign up to get instant deposits for the customer payments being processed, this is in case of QuickBooks online. This feature helps in getting the money in the bank account in minutes, rather than days.
To know more about instant deposits and the process to get instant deposits in QuickBooks desktop or online, once can stay hooked to the article. So, let’s get on a quick nerdy tour of instant deposits in QuickBooks desktop. You can also reach out to our ProAdvisors for further technical assistance via our customer support number i.e. 1-844-405-0906. Our team will be there to assist you immediately.
You may also consider: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks POS Error 1706?
More about instant deposits in QuickBooks desktop
To know more about QuickBooks payments and the time it would take to get customer payments into the bank account, make sure to read further.
Step 1: Setting up for instant deposits
If the user hasn’t already, he/she will have to sign up for QuickBooks payments. A QuickBooks payment account is required to get instant deposits. Moreover, QuickBooks makes use of the debit card to deposit the money into the account. It must be a Visa or Mastercard connected to a checking account at the bank or credit union. Moreover, Intuit only uses the debit card to facilitate the instant deposit and any fees will continue to be debited from the regular payments bank account.
Steps to add a debit card
- At first, the user needs to move to the customers tab and choose credit card processing.
- After that, choose record merchant service deposits.
- Once done with that choose get set up in the instant deposit banner on the home page of the Merchant service deposits window. Also note that, you will only see this option if you are eligible and the primary admin of the company.
- The user is then required to follow the on-screen steps and enter the debit card information.
- After getting the confirmation code, the user should enter it to verify the account.
The user will get a confirmation stating that the card is linked, and also an email, once the debit card is added to the merchant account.
Choose an account to record instant deposits
The user might be prompted to choose the instant deposit account, in case haven’t set up already. This will permit the user to automatically reconcile the account. The steps to be followed are:
- The user should select account at the prompt and can also edit these settings by using the change deposits settings tab
- After that, in the bank for instant deposits field, the user should choose the account. One can also add a new account and it will be added to the chart of accounts.
- Now, select save settings after you are done with the steps above.
Read Also: How to Fix: Can’t Back up with Intuit Data Protect Issue?
Step 2: Check the available funds
Each time one processes the customer payments, they might go into the available balance. This balance is basically the available money one can deposit instantly. The steps involved in checking the available balance are as follows:
- The user needs to move to the customers tab and choose credit card processing
- After that select record merchant service deposits
- Followed by reviewing the available balance in the instant deposit banner.
The user can also get an instant deposit, if there is an available balance. It is important to note that one can get the entire available balance, not a portion of it.
Steps to perform if the available balance is different from the expected one
When someone processes customer payments, then they might become part of the available balance for an instant deposit. He/she won’t see anything in the available balance if:
- He/she hasn’t processed any customer payments for the day
- Or the customer payments aren’t eligible for instant deposits. In case the user schedules instant deposits, then some transactions still get deposited at standard speed. Moreover, ineligible payments aren’t included as part of the available balance.
- In case the processed customer payments are under review.
- Or it is after 3 PM PT, as after this the available balance is batched and deposited at the standard speed. The user will need to wait until the user processes new customer payments to get an instant deposit.
Step 3: Getting an instant deposit
- Under this, one needs to move to the customers tab and then select credit card processing
- After that choose record merchant service deposits
- Followed by selecting get it fast in the instant deposit banner
- The user needs to review the total and associated fees in the confirm deposit window
- And when you are set to initiate the instant deposit, then you need to opt for get it now tab.
Within a few minutes, the user will see the money in the bank account linked to the debit card. This might take up to 30 minutes depending upon the bank. After the money is deposited successfully, one will get an email regarding the conformation.
Guidelines to follow while requesting for an instant deposit
- For payments that are received before 3PM PT, one needs to make requests before 3PM PT, to get the money on the same day. At 3 PM PT, the available balance is processed at the normal speed.
- For payments received after 3PM PT, it is important to make requests before 3PM PT the following day, in order to get the money deposited within 30 minutes.
It should be noted that one can request instant deposit 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
Steps to change the account the money goes into
In order to change the debit card and checking account the money goes into, the below steps can be followed:
- At first, the user needs to move to the customers tab and then choose credit card processing
- After that, choose record merchant service deposits
- Followed by selecting change deposit settings
- And then, choose change to edit the instant deposit information
- After you are done, choose save settings
Also note that, you can’t keep multiple debit cards on the file.
What to do in order to record instant deposits and related fees?
For this, the below steps would surely work:
- The user needs to move to the customers tab and then choose credit card processing
- After that, choose the record merchant service deposits
- Once done with that, the user needs to select the instant deposit account to review the customer payments.
- Followed by selecting a deposit from the list.
The user will see all the customer payments included in the instant deposit and a breakdown of related fees. The user will have to allow up to 24 hours for instant deposit transactions to appear in the merchant service deposit window. In order to see the monthly statement, the below steps can help:
- To begin with, the user needs to sign in to the merchant service center
- And also, choose the activity and reports tab and also all statements
- Once done with that, the user needs to find the most recent statement and choose view tab
- Moving ahead, enter the last 4 digits of the Tax ID number
- Moreover, view the date in the activity summary. This is the date the deposit was made.
Also Read: How to Fix Online Banking Errors in QuickBooks?
Getting instant deposits in QuickBooks online
If you want to get instant deposits in QuickBooks online, then reading further would surely help. The user will first have to sign in and then add the debit card to QuickBooks online.
Setting up for instant deposits
The steps involved in this are:
- Initially, the user needs to sign in to QuickBooks online
- And then, move to the sales menu and select the deposits tab
- After that choose get set up in the instant deposit banner. And also note that the user will see this option only after being eligible.
- The user is then required to follow the onscreen prompts and enter the debit card information
- After getting the confirmation code, the user will have to enter it to verify the account.
Checking the available funds
- This can be checked by moving to the sales menu
- And then selecting the deposits tab
- Also, reviewing the available balance
Getting an instant deposit
These steps are to be followed each time a request is made for instant deposit. Let us check out the steps one by one:
- The user needs to move to the sales menu
- And then choose the deposits tab
- Also, select get it now in the instant deposit section
- Once done with that review the total and associated fees.
- And select get it now, when done.
Reviewing instant deposits and related fees
- Under this, the user needs to move to the sales menu.
- And also, select the deposits tab
- Once done with that choose a deposit from the list.
The user will see all the customer payments included in the instant deposit and a breakdown of related fees.
See Also: Steps to Switch QuickBooks desktop versions without uninstalling
By the end of this article, we feel that getting instant deposits in QuickBooks desktop might become easy with the help of the above stated procedures. Instant deposit is basically an additional service offered by QuickBooks payments subject to eligibility criteria. In order to qualify, the QuickBooks payments account must be active and in good standing. The payments are sent to the bank account linked to an eligible debit card in minutes. Moreover, the deposit times might vary for third party delays.
In case you are still unclear about instant payments in QuickBooks desktop or online, then getting in touch with our QuickBooks desktop support team will ensure to provide you with instant support services. Give us a call at 1-844-405-0906, and leave the rest on us.
Learn how to fix Missing name list problem in QuickBooks desktop:
QuickBooks is one of the finest accounting software, as it eases the bookkeeping and accounting processes. The only drawback of this software is the error that the user might stumble upon while working on it. In today’s article, we will be talking about the QuickBooks error code missing name list problem. In case the user notices the names, items, or accounts missing or blank in several areas of the QuickBooks desktop, then in that case there is a need to resolve the possible data damage. QuickBooks uses several lists to help track transactions and other business activities, which includes: Customers, vendors, employees, items, accounts.
If you are interested in knowing the process to fix Missing Name List Problem in QuickBooks desktop, then make sure that you read the post carefully till the end. Or you can also get in touch with our support and ask them to provide you with the best possible support services and fix the error on your behalf.
You may see also: How to fix QuickBooks Error code 6190 and 816?
Brief into QuickBooks error code missing name list problem
The missing name list error code is often seen if a name is missing from the QuickBooks list of names. The most common lists where the name is missing is the customer, vendor, or other names list. This is basically a QuickBooks internal database error that causes QuickBooks to fail while opening the data file. This error can be resolved by carrying out a couple of steps, which will be discussed later in this post.
The user might notice the names, items, or accounts missing or blank in several places in the company file, which includes:
Solutions to fix the QuickBooks Missing name list problem
In order to resolve the missing name list problem issue, the user can opt for a couple of measures discussed below. Let us have a look:
Solution 1: Download and run QuickBooks tools hub
QuickBooks tools hub helps in fixing common errors. The user shouldn’t use the QuickBooks file doctor on a file that has recently been inbuilt. If the company file has been rebuilt since the user started noticing the missing names, the user will need to restore the backup made prior to the rebuild.
- The user needs to open QuickBooks and the company file
- After that, the user needs to press the F2 key and also open the Product information screen
- Moving ahead, on the versions used on file section, the user needs to look for RB which shows when the file was rebuilt
After the user has determined the rebuild date and time, he/she is supposed to restore the backup made just prior to that rebuild. In case the user is unsure when the backup file is located, then the user needs to refer to display hidden files and folders or search for files using windows for help in searching .qbb file on the system.
In case the user is unable to spot the RB in the versions used on file list, then the file has not been rebuilt and the user can continue with the steps below:
- For this, the user needs to run the QuickBooks file doctor from the QuickBooks tool hub
- And then, follow the on-screen instructions that are seen in the tool
- The user will have to restore a backup or contact support if the tool cannot fix the issue.
In case the tool is unable to fix the issue, then an error would be seen:
Read this Also: How to Write off bad debts in QuickBooks?
Solution 2: Namelist-rebuild
The tool is unable to fix the issue, then the user will have to opt for the best solutions from below:
- The very first option is to restore a backup company file
- And then recover the lost data with QuickBooks auto data recovery
- After that send the company file to the data recovery team. In order to request data recovery service from intuit data services, the user can contact the technical support team
- Finish repairing the data of the tool fixes the issue
- The user will have to verify the information being restored. And also check the address details of customers, vendors, employees, and other names
Solution 3: Alternate solution
The last and the easiest solution is to restore a previous backup and then re-enter transactions into the file to make it current. It is not always an optimal solution, as the backup could be a few days old and the volume of the transactions might not make this option feasible.
Also See: Steps to track customer transaction Workflows in QuickBooks desktop
That is all you need to know in order to fix the QuickBooks error code missing name list problem. However, if the error persists, even after following the procedures above, then in that case you can feel free to contact our QuickBooks premier technical support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-405-0906. Our experts and certified team members will help you in resolving the issue with much ease.
Learn how to display QuickBooks desktop hidden files and folders or search for files using Windows:
Windows operating system hides many files and folders by default, in order to prevent the users from deleting or modifying files that shouldn’t be touched at all. However, the user can make windows show these hidden files by changing a single setting. In case you want to locate the file, then this post will show how to display hidden files and folders. In this piece of this of information, we will be summarizing the entire process to display hidden files and folders or search for files using windows. Thus, make sure that you stay tuned with this space and find out how you can unhide the files and folders using windows.
Moreover, if you aren’t interested in manually carrying out the process to display hidden files and folders or search for files using Windows, then in that case simply connect with our tech-geeks at +1-844-405-0906, and they will be more than happy to help you.
Read Also: How to Write Off Bad Debts in QuickBooks?
Steps to Display hidden files and folders or search for files using Windows
Below we’ll show you how to display hidden files and folders:
Steps for Windows 10 users
If you are a windows 10 user, then the below steps would be applicable for you:
- The user needs to firstly select the folder icon to open file explorer on the desktop or system tray
- Followed by selecting the view tab
- The last step is to select hidden items
Steps to follow for Windows 8.1/8
In case the user uses windows 8.1/8, then the below steps should be followed:
- At first, the user needs to press Windows + R keys, to open the file explorer
- And then choose the view tab and also choose file extensions and hidden items
Steps to look for the files in Windows
Windows 10, 8.1,8
- Here, the user needs to first press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open the windows explorer
- And then press Ctrl + F keys to choose the search box
- In case the user didn’t remember the entire file name, then he/she is recommended to try entering part of the file name
- In case the user only remembers the file extension, then it is suggested to substitute an asterisk for the file name and include the extension. Such as, enter *.qbw to look for QuickBooks files or *.doc to look for Microsoft word documents
- Also, the user will then see the search results on the screen
It should be noted that the same file name might be seen in multiple directories or folders. Also, the same file name might be seen multiple times with different file extensions.
You might also like: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 6000 83?
To wind up!
Displaying QuickBooks hidden files and folders or looking for files using windows isn’t a brain-twister. All it needs is to follow the set of steps we have discussed in above. Well, if you still got some questions, then get in touch with our QuickBooks desktop support team of technocrats via our customer support number i.e. 1(844)405-0906, and all your queries with be answered straight off.
Are you in search of the process to toggle to another QuickBooks edition? Well, your search ends over here. QuickBooks desktop premier, QuickBooks accountant, Enterprise solutions accountant, and QuickBooks enterprise solutions have the toggle feature. The toggle feature enables the user to change the QuickBooks desktop edition from a specific industry to another. In today’s article, we will be talking about the process to toggle to another QuickBooks edition.
Thus, if you are interested, then make sure to read this article carefully till the end. Or an alternative to the same can be to get in touch with our QuickBooks support team at +1-844-405-0906. Our certified professionals and certified ProAdvisors will be there to assist you.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error H202, and H505?
List of editions you can toggle from and to
- Manufacturing and wholesale
- Professional services
- Pro (Not for QBESA/QBES)
You may also like: Steps to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Data Damage Error
Steps to Toggle QuickBooks desktop premier or QuickBooks enterprise solutions to another edition
The user can follow the steps below to toggle QuickBooks desktop premier or QuickBooks enterprise solutions to another edition.
- The very first step is to select manage my license from the help menu
- And then, select the change to a different industry edition
- The last step is to select the industry edition to switch to.
The software might take a couple of moments to configure and will re-launch in the selected version.
See Also: Resolve QuickBooks Update Error Code 12031
Steps to toggle QuickBooks accountant or QuickBooks enterprise accountant to another edition
Now comes the QuickBooks accountant or QuickBooks enterprise accountant, where the below steps would work in order to toggle to another edition.
- Initially, the user needs to opt for the toggle to another edition option from the file menu
- And then select the edition and also click on next
The QuickBooks software might take a couple of moments to configure and will relaunch in the selected version.
In case the QuickBooks edition is grayed out, the user needs to repair QuickBooks desktop to replace all damaged QuickBooks components and installation files. In case the issue persists, the user can also go for the clean install of the software
See Also: How to use the QuickBooks clean up company data utility?
We conclude the article over here, with the hope that the information listed above might work in successfully toggle to another QuickBooks edition. However, in case of any query, or if you are trouble by any kind of issue, then we recommend you to directly get in touch with an QuickBooks premier support expert.
You can simply give us a call at 1(844)405-0906. And our accounting professionals will be there to assist you in a single call.