A Complete Guide to Troubleshoot PDF Printing Problems using QuickBooks Print and Pdf Repair Tool
Intuit’s QuickBooks is one of the most used accounting software in the world. It has particularly benefited the small and medium sized businesses to a large extent with its powerful features. In fact, many claims that it has changed the way accounting is done. Right from managing finances to generating reports to invoices this application does it all to ease and streamline business operations.
QuickBooks has many powerful features and one such very effective one is QuickBooks Print and PDF. However, users often face issues while printing invoices, documents, pdfs etc. In such scenario’s users are suggested to use the QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool. This tool is designed to fix issues related to Microsoft components that come up while printing any documents. This tool resolves issues related to printing and pdf.
Read Also: How to reinstall QuickBooks for Windows using clean install tool?
How to Download and Use QuickBooks Print & Print Repair Tool?
Step 1: The very first step is to download and install the QuickBooks too hub
This step can be of great help as the QuickBooks tool hub has the potential to fix the common issues. The user is recommended to use the Tool hub on Windows 10, 64 bit. The steps to be followed are:
- First of all, the user is supposed to close QuickBooks
- And then, it is recommended to download the most recent version of QuickBooks tools hub. Also, the user needs to save the file where it can be accessed easily. It should be noted that if the user has already installed the QuickBooks tool hub before, then the user should look for the version by selecting the home tab. The version installed will be displayed on the bottom right or the user can also select the about to view the version
- Now, the user will have to open the file which was downloaded earlier
- And also, follow the onscreen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions
- The next step is to double click the icon on the windows desktop to open the tool hub
Step 2: Now, from the Tool Hub, the user needs to run the QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair tool
- In this particular step the user will have to select the program problems in the QuickBooks tool hub
- After that choose QuickBooks PDF and Print repair tool. This might take a minute or so to run
- The last step is to try to print, email, or save as a PDF from QuickBooks desktop again
Issues that can be resolve using QuickBooks PDF repair tool
Below are the errors that QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool can fix:
- Formatting issues that happen at the time of printing
- Printer yielding blank prints
- Unable to print reports, invoices, checks
- Print doesn’t respond
- After clicking on print command QuickBooks stops working
- Not able to save the PDF files through QuickBooks
- Problems when you try to install PDF Converter
- QuickBooks displays message ‘ The Device Not Ready’
- QuickBooks unrecoverable error
- Issues while updating PDF converter like error 30, 20 and 41
- Issues in printing the transaction reports
- PDF Convertor is shown as offline
Important Points to Consider before using the QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool
- Ensure that the Printer is turned on or plugged in and is working properly
- Check if the printer can print from some other program. If it works then there are high chances that the problem may not be with QuickBooks
- Try restarting your system to see if that fixes your issues
- You might get a Printer Error message or things don’t get printed. You will be able to see Printer Code like
- Windows error dialog- In case there is issues with Windows then you will get this message
- QuickBooks Error Dialog: In case, you get the QuickBooks error dialog then it is suggested that you use the Repair Tool to resolve it.
- Issues come up when printing a transaction form: You can face one situation where you can print the reports, but you would be unable to print transactions. To fix this situation try changing the template of the form. Note that corrupted templates cannot be fixed, so you have to try some other.
You may also like: Fix QuickBooks is unable to send your emails to Outlook issue
How to resolve the PDF and Print problems with QuickBooks Desktop?
All printer related information is stored into many files by QuickBooks. It has been observed that all QuickBooks printer related issues happen with the qbprint.qpb and wpr.ini files. If the qbprint.qpb and wpr.ini files are corrupted then they can lead to printing problems and if they are damaged then you will either get unfit or improperly scaled printouts In case of any issue, QuickBooks will surely display an error message.
- A qpb file has all details that are related to the printer selections and setup forms that are there in QuickBooks like estimates, invoices and more. In fact, there is a designated line for each form in this particular file.
- The .ini file is basically a text file that has all ‘general info’ about the Windows printer. The size of the file is small and there is hardly any problem with this file.
Manually Steps to Resolve QuickBooks PDF and Print problems
Following are the ways to troubleshoot the QuickBooks PDF and Print issues like a Pro:
Solution 1: Restore the backup
In case, you have used the QuickBooks backup process the qbprint.qpb and wpr.ini files will also be in the back-up. You have to fix the printer issue by restoring the files
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool
The QuickBooks Print and PDF repair tool resolves many errors especially ones related to PDF and print etc. There are various versions of this tool and you are suggested to always use the latest version.
Solution 3: Rename/Delete the printer file
In case, the issue doesn’t work either by restoring of the backup or running the printer utility tool then the last way to do it will be by deleting the damaged files and create new files again,
- Look for the files
- Now you have to rename them like qbprint.old or wpr.old
- After this you have to run QuickBooks and then open Company
- Choose File and the Printer Setup
- In the Form Name choose any transaction
- Lastly click on OK
See Also: Fix QuickBooks Error 6129 0- (QB Database Connection Verification Failure)
Step 4: Adjust Windows user permissions for the XPS Document Writer
In case a windows user do not have any permission to print to the XPS document writer, then QuickBooks won’t be able to convert the file to a .pdf. The user might have to login with admin rights to change the permissions.
- In this method, the user needs to open the printers control panel in windows
- After that right click the Microsoft XPS document writer and then select printer properties
- Also, choose the security tab
- The user will then have to select the everyone user group
- This is an optional step, in case everyone group is not in the list, then user can select the add tab and then enter everyone in the field. After that select check names and hit Ok
- Once done with that, the user needs to select the print and then hit ok in the allow column
- The next step is to navigate to the C:\Windows\System32\spool in windows explorer
- Now, choose the printers and properties options respectively
- And also, click on security
- Followed by selecting edit option
- The user will then have to choose add
- And also, type local service and hit enter
- After that ensure local service has full control and also hit ok
- To end the process, open QuickBooks and make an attempt to create a .pdf file
If still you cannot fix issues or have any query regarding the QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool then connect with QuickBooks desktop support team at 1-800-969-7370 who will give you an instant solution to your problem.
Here is how you can restore QuickBooks Company File from the Local Back
Whenever it comes to an accounting software, one of the very first options that business owners or accountants come to think of is none other than QuickBooks Desktop. The reason behind this is simply the fact that it is highly useful and appropriate for businesses of all types and sizes. Intuit, the company that developed QuickBooks Desktop offers constant updates as well as bug fixes in order to ensure that the users do not have to face any sort of discomfort.
Despite, the regular updates, there are times when users face issues in performing certain tasks. One of the most common actions that a lot of users face issue performing is to Restore QuickBooks Company file from the Local Backup. This is because the company file contains all the data and files of the organization and if it gets corrupted then all the data might potentially get deleted. Now, to ensure that all the users can get this done without any problems, in this article we are going to learn all the necessary steps required to Restore QuickBooks Company File from the Local Backup. So, let’s get started.
Read this also: How to Use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery?
What are the factors that you need to know before restoring a company file?
It is essential for all the users to know the factors that are relevant and should be understood before performing the company file restoration. Now, the very first and basic permission that a user will require while performing this task is the administrator account’s password. Without having the Administrator permission, a user cannot restore or move the company file from Local backup to any external or internal drive.
Apart from that, your company file contains confidential as well as crucial information related to the company as well as the accounts linked with it. It contains information such as Social Security number, Credit card number, ATM PIN, FEIN information, etc. So, ensure that the device you are restoring the company file to should be secure and shall not be available to be accessed by anyone who does not have certain permissions.
The process to Restore QuickBooks Company File from the Local Backup
As we have gone through the process and the factors that should be kept in mind before proceeding with the restoration of the company file, here are the steps that a user will need to follow in order to complete this task:
Step 1: Start with clicking on the option of File in the Menu bar and then select the option Open or Restore Company
Step 2: A pop-up window will open up, in this users will have to select the option of Restore a backup copy in order to restore the data from the backup copy, after that, click on the Next tab
Step 3: Here, the user will get the option to choose between saving the file on a Local Backup or as an Online Backup. So, click on Local Backup and then click on Next
Step 4: Now, an Open Backup Copy dialogue box will appear on the screen, use it to navigate to the folder in which the local back up of the company file is created
Step 5: Once the file is selected, click on the Open tab and then return to the Open or Restore Company window
Step 6: After this, a user will come across a menu which will ask the location to restore the file. Ensure that you go through the information provided on the tab and once completed, click on Next Tab
Step 7: A Save Company File As dialogue box will appear on the screen, use it to navigate to the damaged or corrupted company file in the system and then click on the Save button
Step 8: Once done, a pop-up will show up which will ask for the confirmation as to whether the user wants to replace the company file or not. So, here click on Yes in the message Dialogue box to continue.
Step 9: In this step, the user will have to type YES, in the Delete Entire File dialogue box and click on OK
Step 10: Lastly, users will have to enter the Administrator’s password in the QuickBooks Login dialogue box and then click on OK to complete the process of company file restoration from local backup.
See Also: Update the QuickBooks payroll software to the latest version
As the process of restoring a QuickBooks desktop company file from local backup is nothing but restoring a previous version of company file which is working, you may have to enter all the transactions that happened between the times when the backup was created to the time of the file restoration.
We hope you find this blog post helpful and all your questions in regards to the process of restoring QuickBooks Company File from the local backup are answered. In case you have any more questions or queries, or you fail to restore the company file, contact our 24×7 QuickBooks Support team at 1-800-969-7370.
Perform our simple troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks error 6144
QuickBooks is a highly rated accounting and bookkeeping software that business owners across the globe adore. But sometimes it receives some errors that may stop the user in their tracks and cause delays in completing a task or loss of data. Through our blog posts, we discuss some of the most common errors that QuickBooks users face. Today we are going to discuss in detail the causes and solutions of QuickBooks error 6144. If you have received this error, read this article thoroughly to fix it and also avoid it in the future.
Read this also: How to access QuickBooks desktop remotely?
What does QuickBooks Error 6144 do?
QuickBooks error 6144 may keep you opening a company file and perform your work through both the main computer and any other computer. This is a QB company file error that may appear because of multiple causes. The causes and solutions of this error will be discussed further in this blog post. So, read on!
What causes QuickBooks Error Code 6144?
One or more of the following situation may cause this file error:
- QuickBooks installation on your computer is either incomplete or improper
- MS Windows Registry has been corrupted by a recent change in the QuickBooks accounting software
- There may be a virus, malware or other infection corrupting the database and the company file
- Your system firewall doesn’t allow access to the company file
- Some important QuickBooks related files may have been deleted by a third-party application
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6144?
Before we jump on to the solution part, there are a few important points that you should keep in mind while performing troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks error 6144.
- Make sure that you perform all the provided steps on the main system except the last step
- QuickBooks accounting software should be open and running on just the main system
- QBservice user depends on the MS Office version, for example, if you have Office 2013, you should have QBservice23
- Make sure that your antivirus is disabled before you start with the troubleshooting process
- You should be aware of the MS Office version you are using
The troubleshooting steps shall be first performed on the server computer and later on the other computers. There are chances that the error would get resolved by fixing it on just the hosting computer and in that case you would not have to do the same on the other systems.
Step 1: Start Service
- Click on the Start button on the keyboard on the desktop and then Services
- Select QBFCMonitoringservice
- The status of the service must show active and should be available in Automatic mode. If the settings are different, make the changes by choosing the appropriate radio buttons
Also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error PS058?
Step 2: Next, check the Administrator user and change the Account Type
- Go to Control Panel select User Account.
- Choose Add/Remove User Account and highlight QBDserviceuser23 (if you are an MS Office version 2013 user)
Important: The file name for QuickBooks 2014 users will be QBDserviceuser24 and for QB 2015 users it’ll be QBDserviceuser25 and so on.
Step 3: Create a new folder by the name of QuickBooks
- Create a new QuickBooks folder and set the Read/Write preference to all the created folders. Go to C drive and create the following folders: 1. Administrator 2. Add User 3. Add System 4. Everyone 5. QB Data Service user23
Once you create all the folders, give Read/Write permission to them all.
Step 4: Copy the Company File in the new QuickBooks
Sometimes, the files get corrupted or damaged due to their size and therefore do not open in QuickBooks. The company file should be named – Get Back to Business.
- Press Windows and E keys to open the Windows Explorer
- Open C Drive > Users > Public > Public Documents > Intuit > QuickBooks > Company Files and since this is the default file location in QuickBooks the company file should be there
- Copy and Paste the company file in the newly created QB folder
Step 5: Ensure that the company file is correctly copied at the desired location
Read Also: Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057 (The parameter is incorrect)
Step 6: Create Inbound And Outbound Firewall Rules
- Open the Windows Firewall settings of the main computer
- Go to the Advanced Settings, click Inbound Rules followed by New Rule and then Port
- Click Next
- Click on TCP and enter the port number of your QuickBooks version (the port number for QuickBooks 2013 users will be 8019, 56723, 55353-55357).
- Click Next
- Tap on Allow the connection tab and select Next
- Give a name to it like QB to remember it
- Click Finish
The Firewall Ports are determined by the QuickBooks version that you use. You should get in touch with your web service provider to learn about the firewall rules. You should add the Ports to all the computers along with the server computer.
Step 7: Likewise “Add Ports” to the new outbound rules
- Press the start button on the keyboard or desktop and click All Programs
- Select QuickBooks and then QuickBooks Database Service Manager from the drop-down list
- Click on Add Folder and find and add QB
- Tap on the Scan tab and let the scan process take place
Important: You should remove any folder that is already there.
Step 8: Restore Company file on the main server computer
- Run QuickBooks accounting application in Multi-user mode on the hosting computer
- Follow the path: File > Open > open and restore existing company
- Select the Company file named Get Back to Business and click on Open to access the file in multi-user mode
- Go to File and ensure that the hosting is turned
- Go to Utilities and click Stop Hosting Multi-user access on Main Computer
See this also: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6150?
Step 9: Next, open the Company File on local workstations. You must know the IP address of the main computer to complete this task
Run QuickBooks on the server computer and press the F2 key on the keyboard to open the Product Information window. Note down the IP Address (with prefix // before the IP address).
Step 10: Access Company file from other computers
- Open QuickBooks and go to File > Open > Open or Restore an Existing File.
- Paste (Ctrl + v) the IP address with the backslash in the file name
- Do check the Open File in Multi-user mode box
- Go to the newly created QuickBooks folder
- Select the QB Company File and open the file. Repeat the same step again on all computers running the accounting application.
In order to resolve QuickBooks error 6144 you can rename the files. TLG and.ND efficiently
- To begin with, the user needs to first press the F2 key in QuickBooks desktop
- And after that navigate to the file information and look for the location of the company file
- Moving ahead, the user needs to open the file location once it is obtained
- After that search for the entire files .ND and .TLG extensions that share the same name as the company in question
- To end it, the user needs to rename them by adding a .OLD at the end of each of the files
Read Also: Ways to fix QuickBooks error code 1722
QuickBooks is an innovative accounting software but sometimes errors such as the QuickBooks Error 6144 may keep you from making the most of it. We hope this post helps you in fixing the file issue and you are able to resume using the software. In case the issue persists, you can call our QuickBooks premier technical support team at 1-800-969-7370 for more advanced solutions.
Guide to the QuickBooks unable to backup the company file error:
With the launch of the accounting software -QuickBooks, the accounting industry has undergone a drastic change. For the past few years, the small and medium scale businesses depend highly on this application, as it helps in managing their finances by analyzing the spends and income, generating reports, taking backup of data and more.
QuickBooks might be a very robust application, however it is not immune to any kind of technical glitches. Often users face errors while working on the software and one crucial error is QuickBooks unable to back up the company file error. So, in this article we will discuss in detail about this problem. So keep read on!
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
QuickBooks Unable To Backup Company File.
Why behind Error message: QuickBooks was unable to back up your company file
Data is a very crucial factor for any business and QuickBooks helps the companies to store them in local storage of the system. However, when the hardware crashes or if the file gets corrupted then there is a high chance of the data to get damaged. So that’s why QB offers an efficient way to back up the data and avoid such situations. But if the problem of QuickBooks unable to backup company files comes up then it needs to be addressed right away. Below are some of the causes why this error occurs.
- When the backup company file is saved in the external drive
- This error also occurs when the size of the company file is more than 3GB
- When any other programme is running in the background scanning QuickBooks
- The error might happens if the file name has .ADR extension
- If the company file has special characters
- Another reason can be that the backup is being restored over an existing company file
- At times when the path of the company file is too long
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks error code 15241?
Errors that are related to QuickBooks unable to backup company file
When this error occurs you may get one of the following error in your QuickBooks desktop:
Solutions to QuickBooks Unable to backup company file
Following are the solutions for fixing “QuickBooks Unable To Backup Company File” Error:
Solution 1: Renaming Company file and deletion of special characters from the it
- The first thing to do is to right click on the file option and then select the rename option
- Now enter new file name and make sure that it doesn’t have any special characters
- After that click on Enter key.
Solution 2: Fixing Company File using QuickBooks file doctor
At times due to different reasons the company files get damaged and so it is suggested to use the QuickBooks File doctor tool to repair it.
Solution 3: Backup Company file into an external or flash drive
- Firstly, go to File Menu and then choose Save Copy or backup
- After that select the backup copy and then click on Next
- Now choose the Local Backup and again click on Next
- You will be asked ‘Where do you want to save your backup copy’ you have to select Save It Now and then click on Next option.
- Now find a location on your local drive which is generally C:\ Drive and then hit the Save button
- You have to minimize QuickBooks Desktop
- Once done, search for the backup file on the local drive
- Now right-click on the file and then select Copy
- You have to open a Windows Explorer Window
- To open the external or flash drive, double click on the drive letter that corresponds to the drive
- Now right-click on the file and then select Paste.
See Also: Resolve QuickBooks web connector error QBWC 1085
Solution 4: To use New company file name, Set up QuickBooks Desktop
- Click on Open or Restore an existing company, from the QuickBooks file menu
- Now choose Open a Company file and then click on Next
- Once it is done choose the new company file name and then hit the Open tab.
Solution 5: Run the Verify and Rebuild Utility Tool
Step 1: To run the rebuild utility:
- From the File menu, click on Utilities.
- Select Rebuild Data.
Step 2: To run the verify utility:
- From the File menu, click on Utilities.
- Select Verify Data.
The QuickBooks unable to backup company file error can be easily fixed. But at times you might get stuck and so during those times you can always take help from QuickBooks support team who are available 24×7 to guide you through the problem. Our experts and Intuit certified professionals are easily available at 1-800-969-7370 will be happy to help you.
If we talk about the best accounting software then, we will always get the QuickBooks on the top list. It is the biggest accounting software serving various business owners all over the world. For years, QuickBooks has been the noblest choice among its users for Book-Keeping and maintaining accounts. This accounting software guarantees full safety to the accounts. Not only this, but it also has made itself convenient in the market by launching highly advanced and new features timely.
Here In this article, we will discuss Multi-User access changes in QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later. You can discover all new features and also the solutions for the errors that you might face during the access. To consult with our QuickBooks desktop support team you can contact us at +1-800-969-7370.
You might also see: Versions of QuickBooks desktop that are supported in Windows 10
Changes in QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later versions
You can see a number of changes and advancements when you install QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later versions. Some new features are listed below:
Improved Database manager
In the new versions of 2016 and later, the database manager will now automatically perform network diagnostics for QuickBooks Desktop to function properly over a network.
Improved messaging for Multi-Users problems
QuickBooks will now prompt you with updated messaging that tells you exactly how to fix the problem of opening your file in a network.
Elimination of the “Alternate Setup Mode”
The new version of QuickBooks no longer supports the Alternative Setup Mode. QuickBooks Desktop needs now the database server manager to be installed and functioning properly on the server.
H series Errors related to Multi-User access for QB Desktop
The users of QuickBooks commonly face QuickBooks desktop H series errors when they try to open or access the company file having a location on some other system. Sometime, these errors may occur when the server is down and is not able to reach the system. You will get the Error message when your software will encounter this error.
Reasons behind H series errors in QuickBooks
There are many reasons responsible for these errors. Some of them are given below:
- Some default in ‘Configuration Hosting Settings’ or ‘DNS Settings‘
- If Firewall settings blocks QuickBooks to access or open the company file
- Sometimes, Incoming or outgoing communication is also blocked
- Damaged or incorrect configuration of .ND file that doesn’t allow QuickBooks to access the company files in the network
- The IP address of Host computer or other IP Address is unable to be found out by DBSM
- QuickBooks workstation is unable to ping the host computer
- Some Dispute in Multiple Database Server Manager versions running
Easy Steps to Solve H Series Errors in QuickBooks desktop
Follow the steps given below to fix the H series errors:
- Assure that QuickBooks Desktop 2016 or later is installed on your system and set as the QuickBooks desktop host.
- Choose ‘Windows Start’ > ‘All Programs’ > ‘QuickBooks’ > ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’.
- Make sure that the folder that contains your company files is showing in the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
(Note: If your company file folder is not displayed, select Browse, then go to the location you store your file.)
- Click ‘Start Scan’ and wait until the process to ‘Finish’
- Then, Open QuickBooks Desktop in ‘Multi-User Mode’ on the workstations
Access to Alternate Setup Mode
Perform the following steps to enable alternate set up mode and also to avoid H series errors:
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop and make sure that the ‘QBW32.exe’ is not running in the task manager.
- Move to ‘C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (Year)’.
- Make changes or ‘Edit’ the QBW.ini file in notepad.
- Then, Enter ‘ENABLENONRECOMMENDEDMODE=1’ directly under the [MISC] section.
- Save the ‘QBW.ini’ file and open QuickBooks desktop and switch to Multi-User mode.
- When you get the error again, you should see the alternate setup button has returned and the ‘.ini file’ has been edited.
- Choose ‘Alternate Setup’ and select ‘Yes’ to any proceeding UAC messages.
- Run QuickBooks Desktop in the alternate setup mode and ensure that Multi-User access restored
See Also: How to set up multi-User network in QuickBooks desktop?
Key Points to Remember:
- Although, you can store the file on a server or NAS (network attached storage) drive using Alternate Setup Method. But remember that whoever will open its first in MU mode and select Alternate Setup will become the host. If the host reboots or logs off while others are working on the file then, QuickBooks Desktop will hit the other users out of the file and they may lose their work prior to the crash.
- If you are a user of NAS or similar devices, it is best to use QuickBooks on a Windows machine to properly install the Database Manager to maintain optimal stability.
- You can take the help of an expert if you’re not comfortable in following the procedure on your own.
Probably, you will get the perfect matter for Multi-User access changes in QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later versions in this article. This post provides all the necessary facts including the new features and errors occurring in the access. We have given you the possible solutions that will surely fix the error.
We highly recommend you to connect with the 24/7 QuickBooks pro support to enhance your business management. If you want any information or you face any query, then you can contact us on +1-800-969-7370 and get in touch with our tech experts.
QuickBooks is the most well-built and most trustworthy accounting and bookkeeping software. Whether users are superseding the small business or large, QuickBooks is the latest and highly acclaimed software for the users. They can easily handle the business, account, payroll management, tax and other purposes with the help of QuickBooks accounting software. It comes with great specialties and very helpful in enhancing the business successfully.
But sometimes, the users may face some compulsions while commencing the QB software due to some technical difficulties. These errors may obstruct access to the software. This post discusses the steps to set up folder and windows access permissions to share company files. Along with this, the users can quickly know the important things as well as methods to set up which are given below.
You may also like: How to convert QuickBooks desktop files to online?
How to configure folder & windows access permissions to share QuickBooks company files?
All the QuickBooks versions come with the identical component which is required to be refreshed for QuickBooks to work properly in the multi-user environment. Multi-user problems or errors can be a bit difficult to resolve as there are so many systems attached with a single server computer and it is hard to find where is the error is occurring actually. To determine all these errors, you can use the QuickBooks file doctor tool which is capable of analyzing whether your system is properly set up for multi-user mode or not.
To save your time and efforts you can take help from our QuickBooks pro support team. They are easily reachable at +1-800-969-7370.
Reasons to set up folder and Windows access permissions to share company files
You can face various kind of problems in your QuickBooks desktop and to resolve these kind of problems we need to set up the folder and windows access permissions in QuickBooks desktop to share the important company files. Few conditions are as:
- When you change your company files from an earlier version over a network.
- Unusual files are missing in your installation of QuickBooks.
- When there are inadequate permissions for your network server, Windows user, or QBDataServiceUserXX.
- While your firewall or safety software is blocking QuickBooks files.
- When your company file or the shared folder is damaged.
- If more than one network trying to host the company file.
- When you are practicing a non-U.S. or non-Canadian variant of Windows or you have set some language other than English as your Regional Language in Windows.
- The way the file is located (Mapped Network Drive or UNC Path).
- While file extension is maybe .qbw or .qbw.adr.
Points to note down before setting up the folder and Windows Access Permissions
There are various important points to note which are given below:
- We highly advise you to read the full article properly before you perform any step.
- Make sure that the connection directories have appropriate permissions.
- The security tab won’t be possible in the Microsoft Windows Home version, so you need to restart the system in Safe Mode finish the process.
- Restart your system and hold the F8 key until the Advanced Boot window comes up.
- Choose Safe Mode and hit enter.
- The QBDataServiceUserXX depends upon the QuickBooks version installed in your system.
- The systems can go to the Alternative Hosting mode and take the ownership of the company file if the systems have hosting multi-user access is enabled.
- Workstations that have receiving multi-user access enabled can inadvertently go into Alternate Hosting mode and obtain ownership of a company file. When this happens, other users will not be able to open the file.
Read this also: Easy steps to run your QuickBooks online (QBO) much faster?
Rules for changing the permissions
The following list explains the basic rules for translating the permissions:
- The Read permission on a brochure in UNIX is the same as the Read permission in Windows.
- Write permission on a paper in UNIX is the same as the Write permission in Windows.
- Read and Perform permissions on a file in UNIX are the same as the Read & Execute permission in Windows.
- Write support on a line in UNIX is the same as the Modify permission in Windows.
- Complete permission on a folder in UNIX is the same as the List Folder Contents permission in Windows.
- Read, Write, execute permissions on a list or folder in UNIX is the same as the Full Control permission in Windows.
Steps to Set up the folder permissions
To check if the permissions are set correctly or not follow the given below steps:
- Open the Windows Explorer to locate the file or folder for which you want to edit the permissions.
- Right-click the folder and then click Properties.
- After that choose the Advanced option, from the security tab
- To attach a new access control setting to the folder, tick Add.
- Make sure that the following settings are set to Allowed.
- Traverse Folder/Execute File
- List Folder/Read Data
- Read Attributes
- Read Extended Attributes
- Create Files/Write Data
- Create Folders/Append Data
- Write Attributes
- Write Extended Attributes
- Read Permissions
- Choose the users, computers, or groups that this access control setting is applied to, tick Add, and then click OK.
- To remove an access restriction setting, click Remove.
- To edit the support for any group, select the user or group, and later use the corresponding check-boxes in the Permissions pane.
- Tick OK to accept the settings, click Cancel to cancel any changes you have made, or click Apply to apply the changes without locking the file or folder properties.
Steps to Change folder permissions
- First, open file explorer by Window+R keys.
- Right-click on the parent folder and then preferred properties.
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6.0
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v5
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v3
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions X.0 (X = version) or C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX (XX = year)
- C:\Program Data\COMMON FILES\INTUIT
- C:\Program Data\COMMON FILES\INTUIT\QUICKBOOKS
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\FAMXX (XX = year)
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Sample Company Files\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions X.0 (X = version) or C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Sample Company Files\QuickBooks 20XX (XX = year)
- Observe the given below steps for each folder on the list.
- Select Everyone from the Security tab.
Mark: If everyone is not registered in Group or Username box, click Add and type in everyone, and then choose OK.
- Choose Full Control, and then click Apply and OK.
Also read: How to setup multi-user network in QuickBooks desktop?
Method to Set Windows access permissions to share company files
Originate sure that QuickBooks has the right level of access can help prevent future issues when working with your company files.
On Windows 10, 8 and 7
- To start the File Explorer, press Window+R keys on your keyboard.
- Find and right-click the folder containing your company files.
- Choose Properties > Sharing > Share Add.
- Choose the corresponding QBDataServiceUserXX for your version.
- Fix the permission level of both users to Full Control and select Share.
On Windows 8.1
- Choose the folder and click on Share.
- Proceed to the Advanced Security
- Succeed on Add and then select a principal.
- Maintain to Advanced > Find Now.
- Select the user and then click on OK
- Click on Full Control and OK.
On Windows Server 2012
Before allowing go on to the steps you need to make sure that the File and Storage Services are installed.
- Press the Ctrl + R keys on your keyboard to open the run command.
- Access Server Manager and press the Enter key
- Pick file and Storage Services > Shares.
- Of the drop-down list, select New Share.
- Agree on SMB Share – Quick.
- Choose Type a custom path > Browse from the Share location for locating the folder you want to share.
- At last, Select the right folder
- Click on Select a folder > Next.
See Also: What is component repair tool in QuickBooks desktop?
We highly recommend you to use the accounting software QuickBooks Enterprise to make your business more successful. We hope that this post gives the best information and facts about the Set-up Folder and Windows access permissions to share QuickBooks company files. Surely, the process and steps given in this article will make your work easier.
If you face any query, then feel free to contact us anytime at our QuickBooks desktop support number i.e. +1-800-969-7370. Our certified ProAdvisors offers accessibility for the whole day and night. You can anytime contact our team and solve your doubts.