Learn the process to duplicate entries when downloading merchant service deposits into QuickBooks desktop
Encountered Duplicate entries while downloading merchant service deposits into QuickBooks and unable to decide what to do? Well, need not to worry, as we have come up with this article, where we will be talking about the causes and fixes to the duplicate entries issue. Often at the time of downloading the merchant service deposits in QuickBooks, users might end up in duplicate entries. Dealing with this issue doesn’t involve any rocket science, all you need to do is read this article till the end.
Moreover, if you need any sort of technical assistance, then get in touch with our team of experts and certified QB professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services. You can call us at our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1(844)405-0906, and leave the rest on our team.
You may also like: Resolve the Network Issues with QuickBooks File Doctor test Results
Triggers to the duplicate entries issues into QuickBooks Desktop
The user might end up in the duplicate entries issue, due to the following factors:
- The user might face this error while downloading the merchant service deposits at the time of using QuickBooks online banking to reconcile bank deposits
- Also, in case of connectivity issues while communicating with our systems
- Adjusted bank account or transactions in QuickBooks can also be one of the major causes.
Read Also: How to Solve QuickBooks Error Code 7010?
Preventing duplicate entries
Using bank feeds or merchant service deposits
In case the user is using both QuickBooks bank feeds and download merchant service deposits, then he/she can duplicate the info in QuickBooks. To avoid this, selecting only one that works well for the business is recommended.
It should be noted that the bank feeds might be better for reconciliation, as it will download all the banking information. Moreover, the merchant service deposits utility only downloads the deposits related to the merchant service transactions. In case the user is using bank feeds, then he/she can download the merchant service fees separately.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1601?
Checking the connectivity issues
The user can face the connectivity issues due to the following factors:
- Security settings can be the major issue. In order to fix this, the user can configure the internet explorer or the firewall/security software
- Also, corrupted QuickBooks add-on files can also lead to such an error
- Damaged QuickBooks data file can be fixed by selecting the file drop down ▼ menu and also opting for the utilities and verify data options respectively
- Incorrect system configuration for merchant services can be another cause. As the merchant services doesn’t support terminal services, VPN, remote access, windows emulation, or other non-native PC environments.
- Moreover, an edited bank account information during the download time period. In case you changed the bank account, then make sure to set the downloading date to the day after the change occurred.
Deleting duplicate payments in QuickBooks
Using the dismiss feature
- The user needs to select the record merchant service deposits from the banking drop down menu ▼.
- And then, select the payments to be deleted in the add online payments tab
- The user will then have to select the dismiss selected payments
- Now, select OK, when you see the warning message on the screen
- After that, the deposits show the dismissed transactions prior to recording
- Once you have recorded, the user will get the amount of the deposit, and minus the dismissed transactions.
It should be noted that, to show the dismissed payments, the user needs to navigate to the change your deposit settings, and then choose the number of transactions from the show dismissed payments from the drop-down ▼ menu.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006?
Deleting the duplicate payments in QuickBooks manually
- The user will have to firstly open the payment in QuickBooks and then press Ctrl + H and pull up the history
- After that, press Ctrl + D and also choose delete option. Also, carry out the same steps for duplicate payments.
- Lastly, the removed payments would show in the merchant deposits window. And to re-enter the transactions, the user can check the record merchant service deposits.
We conclude the article over here, with the hope that the information we have shared in above might help in resolving the duplicate entries issue into QuickBooks desktop. But if you continue to face the same error again and again even after following the steps above, then in that case get in touch with our professionals right away at 1(844)405-0906.
Our experts and certified professionals, who will help you in getting rid of the issue with much ease.