Unleash the step by step guide to rectify Com crashes error in QuickBooks desktop
Have you ever encountered crash com error when working in QuickBooks desktop? As per the recent research data, com crash error has created a lot of nuisance in the past few months. For accounting professionals and QuickBooks users, QuickBooks crashing is a worrisome problem. This error is generally encountered while the user emails the invoices. At the time when the user hits the OK tab to send the invoices via mail, suddenly the com error flashes on the screen.
If you have also faced such error, then go through the article, or you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks premier support team for expert guidance, just dial our toll-free number .i.e. +1-844-405-0906 and you are good to go.
Read this also: Resolve QuickBooks error code 8000 83
Factors causing to Crash com error in QuickBooks
- In case of damaged windows components and MS-Office components.
- Also, if the QuickBooks software is unable to connect with Email service or client.
- Or, if any type of damage occurs to the QuickBooks components.
- Any kind of virus or Trojan hampering the sync.
- If the firewall blocking the QuickBooks communication process, this kind of can appear on the screen.
- When any spiteful activity software’s deleted the obligatory QuickBooks Components or files.
You might also see: How to use QuickBooks file doctor?
When can the crash com error occurs in QuickBooks?
Before beginning the crash com error troubleshooting steps, let us first have a look at the cases in which the error occurs:
- While emailing the invoices, such error occurs.
- Also, at the time of opening invoices QuickBooks crash com error.
- At the time of saving the QB crash com error occurs.
- Crash com error might occur at the time of opening a report in QuickBooks.
- This error also occurs at the time of attaching a file.
Troubleshooting steps to fix Crash Com error in QuickBooks
There can be more than one method, when it comes to troubleshooting steps for crash com error in QUickBooks. Before you opt for any of the below-discussed methods, we would suggest you create a backup of the QB data. Let us check out the troubleshooting methods:
Method #1 – Configuring QuickBooks firewall and security Exceptions
- To begin with, the user is required to add the QuickBooks firewall Exceptions to the QB Communication funnel right.
- After that, the user is required to configure QuickBooks process and port exceptions in the system security software.
- The next step is to restart the computer and reaffirm that the settings stay intact.
- The last and final step in this method is try to open some other report or a form, followed by trying to email it, in order check whether the crash com error persists, or else the user is required to move on to the final method.
Method #2 – QuickBooks Desktop and Company file fine-tuning
- In this method, the very first step is to open and update the QuickBooks to the latest release
- After that, the user is required to try QuickBooks manual updates, in case the user sees QB update errors.
- Now, simply open and verify the QuickBooks company file, in order to check the data integrity of the company file.
- The next step is to open the item that encountered QB crash com error and then try once again to email it.
- Lastly, the user is required to open some other report or a form, followed by trying to email it and check if the error persists.
See this also: What is QuickBooks skipped error code 111?
Method #3 – Create a new Outlook mail profile
This solution will educate us to make an ‘Outlook’ mail profile with some easy steps.
- Firstly you need to create a new Microsoft Outlook
- After that go to the Control Panel and move to Mail option
- Choose the Show Profile option.
- Hit a click on add option.
- After that Fill in the profile name in the Profile name section, and then hit a click on OK button.
- Now add an email account by following Onscreen instructions.
- After that select the Use this profile from the drop-down window.
- Then click on New created profile option.
- Hit a click on Apply button and then choose OK button.
Read Also: How to your access QuickBooks remotely?
Method #4 – Change toggle mail settings
- Go to the Control Panel settings and navigate to user account option.
- After that choose the Mail option and then select Microsoft Outlook option.
- Now navigate to the Mail Set up window, and then choose Show Profile.
- Choose Outlook option.
- After that choose the screen prompt commands for the profile to be used and choose the Apply button.
- After that choose Always use this profile option.
- Now use this Profile to toggle the selection, and the press Apply button and finally choose OK button.
See Also: Steps to Resolve QuickBooks error 15215
Method #5 – Update Microsoft Outlook
- First of all, go to the File option, in Microsoft Outlook
- After that choose Office Account, then hit a click on Update Options.
- Now choose Update Now. (This will take few seconds to update the MS outlook.)
Read Also: Steps to Resolve QuickBooks error 12029
Method #6 – Run QuickBooks in compatibility mode
- Firstly, you need to hit a right-click on QuickBooks desktop and choose Properties option.
- On the Compatibility tab, choose Run this program in compatibility mode for option
- Now select Windows 7, from the drop-down menu
- After that choose the Run this program as an administrator checkbox and Hit a click on Apply.
- Finally click on OK button to close the box.
See Also: Steps to Resolve QuickBooks error 1321
Method #7: Updating QuickBooks desktop to latest
- The very first step is to close QuickBooks desktop and company files
- And then, run the QuickBooks by clicking on run as admin
- Followed by, visiting the help menu and selecting the update QuickBooks desktop option while on the no company open screen
- After that, navigate to the options tab and then select the mark all option and then click on save
- After that navigate to the update now tab and select reset update checkbox
- The next step is to select get updates to download and install latest QB updates
After following the above methods, the QuickBooks com crash error shouldn’t persist. However, if by any chance the error continues to irritate you, it is recommended to consult our QuickBooks technical support team.
You can dial our toll-free number .i.e. +1-844-405-0906, and share your issue with our team of experts. With the blend of our experience and knowledge, we ensure to provide the finest possible service to our clients and customers.