Quick fixes to the QuickBooks error code 15241 like a Pro
Being a business owner, one of the most crucial tasks is to keep a check on the sales and expenses of the organization. This is where QuickBooks accounting software comes into play. This software is designed and developed with some unique features and tools. But what if the software runs off the track? At times it might happen that the QuickBooks desktop comes across certain bugs, due to technical defaults or human intervention.
Well, one such commonly reported error is QuickBooks error code 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully. This error code is related to QuickBooks payroll function and might trouble the QuickBooks users in installing the updates in a proper manner. The reason behind the occurrence of this error code can be when the file copy service (FCS) of QuickBooks desktop gets disabled.
If you have ever encountered any such error, then reading this blog carefully will surely help you in fixing the issue on your own. Many QB users might find it difficult to fix the issue on their own the best solution for them is to consult some professional with renowned experience.
If you want our accounting experts to fix this bug for you, then make a call to our QuickBooks support team at +1-844-405-0906. We are a hub of experts and QuickBooks technicians, who have years of experience in tackling the QuickBooks related errors.
A brief into QuickBooks error code 15241
If you know the error code, it becomes easier to identify and control the factors that actually caused the bug. Thus, the QuickBooks error code 15241 is basically associated with the payroll related issues that might be seen at the time of update. The occurrence of this error could be due to some corrupted Microsoft windows installer, or it can be due to some missing system settings.
You receive error 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully. This error can occur if the QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled.
How QuickBooks Error code 15241 occurs?
When it comes to the occurrence of this error, the list is not huge. The only reason behind the QuickBooks error 15241 can be when the QuickBooks desktop file copy service is disabled.
Can this error be identified?
Many QuickBooks users have this question in their mind that whether they can identify the error code 15241 or not. There are a few signs and symptoms that might help to spot the error.
- If the system crashes itself, then you might encounter error 15241.
- If your system is responding sluggishly, then you can see this type of error.
- Also, if the PC freezes, then it might be sign of the QuickBooks 15241 error.
- Installing the application, while the QuickBooks application being running in the background, then it might be troublesome.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 15215?
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error code 15241?
Now that we have explored the causes, symptoms, and other important information about this error, it is time for us to find out what are ways to troubleshoot this error. It should be noted that the steps to fix the error vary according to the windows version. Let us together check out the quick fixes to the bug.
Steps to be followed by Windows XP users
- If you are a Windows XP user, then you need to close the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Now, move to the Desktop > open My Computers > Choose manage option and head to the next step.
- After performing the above step, the Windows XP users are supposed to visit the new screen and look for services and applications and click on the same. Followed by, moving to the services option and then opening it.
- Now that you have completed the third step, move down the screen in the services window, and then look for the Intuit QuickBooks FCS service and click on the same.
- When the FCS properties window opens up, select General tab and then choose the drop down arrow of Start-up type option.
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to click on the manual option, followed by hitting OK.
- Now, reboot the QuickBooks desktop software.
- And then download the latest updated for the QuickBooks accounting software.
- The last and final step in the process is to update the payroll tax tables and you are good to go.
You might also like: How to Update QuickBooks database server manager?
Steps to be followed by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 users
- First of all, close the QuickBooks desktop software.
- After that, open the taskbar and select Windows start button, along with my computer and manage option respectively.
- If you are a windows 10 user, then move to the tab on the taskbar and look for computer on it and click on the PC option, followed by hitting the Manage tab.
- Once the new screen displays, the select the Services and applications option.
- After which, click on the services option in the services and application window.
- And then click on the Intuit QuickBooks FCS option.
- Moving forward, tap the General tab and then hit the startup type drop down arrow, along with the manual tab.
- The next step in the process is to hit apply option.
- Now, choose the Start and OK option respectively.
- Once done with that, open the QuickBooks desktop software.
- And then update the same to the latest version.
- End the process by updating the payroll tax tables.
Read this Also: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 12152?
Now that you have performed the steps enumerated above, it is expected that the error would not trouble you anymore. These steps should fix the QuickBooks error 15241.
However, if the error persists for some reason, or in case of any doubts, the QB users can discuss the issue with our QuickBooks premier support team. Just make a call at our toll-free number .i.e. +1-844-405-0906, and our team will be there to assist you in a single call.