Learn what is QuickBooks Error 6189 and how you see can resolve it
QuickBooks software is a vital accounting tool that help the businesses worldwide. It serves numerous features such as payroll, invoice & report generation, tax filing, and much more. However, according to a survey it has been seen that it gets easily infected by QuickBooks Error code 6189. Thus, we are making an attempt so that you can easily resolve it swiftly with manual steps. If you need immediate help – you can get in touch with the QuickBooks premier support team anytime.
QuickBooks Error Code 6189 is also commonly known as ‘runtime error’. This error code usually arises while the QB Company file opens or runs. When this error code appears you may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
“An error occurs when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6189, -816),”
Reasons behind QuickBooks Company File Error 6189
- If the multiple user option isn’t upgraded in the QuickBooks.
- Network Attached Storage drive stores the data file.
- Removable device stores the data.
- If the QB user doesn’t run or operate the QuickBooks database correctly.
- Online automatic backup tool also tends to lead this error.
- Use of encrypted software with the QuickBooks also cause this error.
- Due to loss of data via Database Manager.
Article to read: How to Fix QuickBooks error 3371?
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6189
- Loss of connection with the QuickBooks Company files.
- QuickBooks user become unable to open/access the QB Company files.
- While the user is opening the previous version QB Company file in the new version incorrectly.
- System freezes suddenly that leads the system to act unresponsive.
- The machine unable to take or read command to open/access the necessary programs.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816
If you are troubling with QuickBooks error code 6189 and looking for the solution for it then you can checkout the following Infographic and get the complete information about this error. However, we have shared other fixation methods below the infographic image.
Troubleshooting Methods for QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816
You can use these steps in order to resolve the error code 6189 in QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- First of all you need to download the QuickBooks file doctor tool from here.
- Once the file doctor tool downloaded, Install and Run this tool on your system where the QuickBooks is installed.
Note: QB file doctor tool will automatically detect the problem in your company file and try to resolve it automatically.
Solution 2: Open a Sample Company File
- First Open your QuickBooks application.
- Now go to the “No Company Open window” and then click on “Open a Sample File“
- Select the “Random company file“.
- Now repair your QuickBooks installation files, if still the same error message encounters on your desktop screen
- If the sample file opens then you can proceed to the “Next” solution.
Note: By opening a sample company file we have just tested whether the problem is with your company file or with the QuickBooks software.
Solution 3: Close all QuickBooks Processes
- At first you need to Log in as “System Administrator” on the server hosted computer.
- Now open the “Task Manager“. To open it press “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” keys together.
- After that choose the Users to see all the processes started by all users.
- Now choose all QuickBooks processes like “QBW32.exe, qbupdate.exe, QBDBMgr.exe“.
- Then hit a click on “End Task“.
- Finally Open the company file in “Multi-User mode“.
Read also: What is QuickBooks Remote Access?
How to Fix Multi-user problem in QuickBooks?
Follow the below given steps to get your QuickBooks Desktop multi-user network up and running again:
- The QuickBooks user can also use the QB Online application to open/access the QB Company files from some other location.
- User can also transport the QB Company files to a local drive that is often C drive of the computer to neglect the hassles.
- Ensure that the encrypted applications are disabled.
- User must try to see the QuickBooks problem after restarting the server and device. This generally resolve the problem…!
- Set your device on the multi-user mode.
- Install the QuickBooks Database Manager on the device to neglect the QB errors.
- Rename the .TLG and .ND extension files.
- Make sure that server have proper internet connection.
- QuickBooks application must be updated on the latest released version.
I hope this technical blog provides you enough knowledge so that you can solve the QuickBooks Error 6189. If you need immediate support for this error – you can get in touch with our 24*7 QuickBooks support team by dialing our toll-free number i.e. +1(800)969-7370.
Other helpful articles: