If we talk about the best accounting software then, we will always get the QuickBooks on the top list. It is the biggest accounting software serving various business owners all over the world. For years, QuickBooks has been the noblest choice among its users for Book-Keeping and maintaining accounts. This accounting software guarantees full safety to the accounts. Not only this, but it also has made itself convenient in the market by launching highly advanced and new features timely.
Here In this article, we will discuss Multi-User access changes in QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later. You can discover all new features and also the solutions for the errors that you might face during the access. To consult with our QuickBooks desktop support team you can contact us at +1-844-405-0906.
You might also see: Versions of QuickBooks desktop that are supported in Windows 10
Changes in QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later versions
You can see a number of changes and advancements when you install QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later versions. Some new features are listed below:
Improved Database manager
In the new versions of 2016 and later, the database manager will now automatically perform network diagnostics for QuickBooks Desktop to function properly over a network.
Improved messaging for Multi-Users problems
QuickBooks will now prompt you with updated messaging that tells you exactly how to fix the problem of opening your file in a network.
Elimination of the “Alternate Setup Mode”
The new version of QuickBooks no longer supports the Alternative Setup Mode. QuickBooks Desktop needs now the database server manager to be installed and functioning properly on the server.
H series Errors related to Multi-User access for QB Desktop
The users of QuickBooks commonly face QuickBooks desktop H series errors when they try to open or access the company file having a location on some other system. Sometime, these errors may occur when the server is down and is not able to reach the system. You will get the Error message when your software will encounter this error.
Reasons behind H series errors in QuickBooks
There are many reasons responsible for these errors. Some of them are given below:
- Some default in ‘Configuration Hosting Settings’ or ‘DNS Settings‘
- If Firewall settings blocks QuickBooks to access or open the company file
- Sometimes, Incoming or outgoing communication is also blocked
- Damaged or incorrect configuration of .ND file that doesn’t allow QuickBooks to access the company files in the network
- The IP address of Host computer or other IP Address is unable to be found out by DBSM
- QuickBooks workstation is unable to ping the host computer
- Some Dispute in Multiple Database Server Manager versions running
Easy Steps to Solve H Series Errors in QuickBooks desktop
Follow the steps given below to fix the H series errors:
- Assure that QuickBooks Desktop 2016 or later is installed on your system and set as the QuickBooks desktop host.
- Choose ‘Windows Start’ > ‘All Programs’ > ‘QuickBooks’ > ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’.
- Make sure that the folder that contains your company files is showing in the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
(Note: If your company file folder is not displayed, select Browse, then go to the location you store your file.)
- Click ‘Start Scan’ and wait until the process to ‘Finish’
- Then, Open QuickBooks Desktop in ‘Multi-User Mode’ on the workstations
Access to Alternate Setup Mode
Perform the following steps to enable alternate set up mode and also to avoid H series errors:
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop and make sure that the ‘QBW32.exe’ is not running in the task manager.
- Move to ‘C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (Year)’.
- Make changes or ‘Edit’ the QBW.ini file in notepad.
- Then, Enter ‘ENABLENONRECOMMENDEDMODE=1’ directly under the [MISC] section.
- Save the ‘QBW.ini’ file and open QuickBooks desktop and switch to Multi-User mode.
- When you get the error again, you should see the alternate setup button has returned and the ‘.ini file’ has been edited.
- Choose ‘Alternate Setup’ and select ‘Yes’ to any proceeding UAC messages.
- Run QuickBooks Desktop in the alternate setup mode and ensure that Multi-User access restored
Key Points to Remember:
- Although, you can store the file on a server or NAS (network attached storage) drive using Alternate Setup Method. But remember that whoever will open its first in MU mode and select Alternate Setup will become the host. If the host reboots or logs off while others are working on the file then, QuickBooks Desktop will hit the other users out of the file and they may lose their work prior to the crash.
- If you are a user of NAS or similar devices, it is best to use QuickBooks on a Windows machine to properly install the Database Manager to maintain optimal stability.
- You can take the help of an expert if you’re not comfortable in following the procedure on your own.
Probably, you will get the perfect matter for Multi-User access changes in QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later versions in this article. This post provides all the necessary facts including the new features and errors occurring in the access. We have given you the possible solutions that will surely fix the error.
We highly recommend you to connect with the 24/7 QuickBooks pro support to enhance your business management. If you want any information or you face any query, then you can contact us on +1-844-405-0906 and get in touch with our tech experts.