All You Need to Know about QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t start Issue and its resolution
QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software used all over the world, especially by small and medium businesses. This user-friendly software is great at tracking finances, managing sales and helping with invoices. In fact, QuickBooks Desktop is packed with many features that has enhance productivity of the organizations. However QuickBooks Desktop often runs down into trouble, after all it is a software. Often users complain that they are facing QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start or open problem while trying to open QuickBooks. Even though this problem can affect the business operation of an organization but it can be easily fixed.
So, here in this article today we are going to discuss about this QuickBooks desktop does not start issue also provide you a step-by-step guide to get rid of from this error. In the meanwhile, if you need instant help you can avail QuickBooks support from our accounting professionals by dialing toll-free number +1-844-405-0906.
Read Also: How to Use QuickBooks component repair tool?
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start
QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t start due to various reasons and they are mentioned below:
- Very long company name
- Corrupted Hard disk
- Improper installation of QuickBooks Desktop
- Missing or damaged QBWUSER.INI file
- Out of date operating system
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Desktop?
- The software freezes.
- The QuickBooks company file doesn’t open
- Windows runs slowly
- The computer hangs every now and then.
- Computer responds very slowly to mouse and keyboard
This issue of QuickBooks can be easily solved and below are some of the solution to this problem.
How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start Error?
Sometimes the process for QuickBooks that runs in the background gets stuck. Ending it, then re-opening QuickBooks can solve that. Follow the given steps below:
Solution 1: Close QBW32.exe process
- First thing to do is Right-Click on the Windows task-bar in the system and then select Start Task Manager
- Now click on the Process tab and then click on Image Name header so as to arrange the processes alphabetically.
- Then locate and select QBW.EXE.
- Finally click on End Process to close the exe process
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1311?
Solution 2: Renaming the QBWUSER.ini. file
- Try accessing the folder where ini file is there and if you cannot trace it then enable hidden folders and file.
- Once the folder is found then click on the QBWUSER.ini.file and then select Rename.
- After this type Insert.old in the last file name.
- Now change the name of ecml.file. After renaming the file if QuickBooks works then the issue is solved.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 17337?
Solution 3: Suppress QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- First right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Press on the CTRL key and then select Open. Hold the Ctrl key till you have opened the No Company Open window.
- Now open QuickBooks Desktop.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error H505?
Solution 4: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Installation if done incorrectly
- On your keyboard click on Ctrl +Alt + Del
- Now select the Task Manager option
- After this click on the process tab
- Right-Click on any of the QuickBooks processes
- After this click on End Process.
- You will get a confirmation process and in that select end all processes.
- Try restarting QuickBooks again
- Now click on Repair QuickBooks.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 392?
Solution 5: Make a new Windows Admin User
- First click on the Control Panel and then navigate through it.
- Double click on the User Account then Manage User and then to Click Add.
- Once done enter the name as well as domain of the administrator and then click Ok button.
- If using Windows 10 then select Administrator.
- After this click on Finish which will direct to the ‘User Accounts’ dialogue box. Now Click Ok button.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6144?
Solution 6: Restart the Desktop
- Open the Start menu in your computer.
- Click on the Power Button and then select Restart.
- Once restart is done open QuickBooks Desktop
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 404?
That’s all from our behalf. I hope by following these given steps you are now able to resolve QuickBooks desktop doesn’t start or won’t open error. If you are still facing the same error or looking for the further help then you can contact us at our QuickBooks premier error support team or talk with one of our Intuit Certified expert.
Feel hassle free to dial our helpline +1-844-405-0906 that is available for USA/UK/Canada. Help is available 24/7 from the experts.