QuickBooks is regarded as one of the best accounting software, but the only drawback of this software is the errors that the users might often face while working on the software itself. One such error can be the QuickBooks error code 15103, which we will be discussing in today’s article. The QuickBooks payroll error 15103 is usually seen when the user downloads QuickBooks desktop update or updating the payroll. In simple words, the error 15103 is an update error which will show up on the screen, especially when the installer is corrupted and the user is trying to download the update. This is a complex and critical error that could lay a great impact on the software or as a consequence of this error the company data might get corrupted.
If you are also facing such an error, then reading the post ahead is recommended. Moreover, you can also opt for consulting our QuickBooks support team for any technical assistance, and they will help you out in resolving the issue without any further hassle. You can make a call at our toll-free support number i.e. +1-844-405-0906, and discuss your queries with our professionals.
You might also like: Resolve QuickBooks Update Error Code 12031
Triggers to QuickBooks error 15103
There can be a couple of factors that might trigger the QuickBooks error 15103, which includes the below stated ones:
- The user might face such an error if the web-root antivirus software is present
- Also, in case the user does not have the sufficient admin right needed for installing the latest updates of QuickBooks
- Moreover, the QuickBooks isn’t able to update due to the downloaded files being corrupted.
Quick solution steps to the QuickBooks error 15103
Before you jump on to the detailed steps and procedures to fix the QuickBooks error 15103, we would recommend you to first carry out some basic troubleshooting steps, which include:
- The user can shut down all running applications
- And then, navigate to the Microsoft Windows start tab, and then click on settings, along with control panel
- The next step is to choose the add or remove programs
- After that, select the QuickBooks version, followed by clicking on add remove button
- Now, the QuickBooks installation window will open up, to which you need to hit next
- And then, repair checkbox should be checked
- Also, select new or all positive options should be opted.
Detailed solutions to QuickBooks error code 15103
In case the user is unable to resolve the QuickBooks error code 15103, by carrying out the above stated basic troubleshooting steps, then in that case he/she can opt for the below stated solutions and try to resolve the error. Let us check out each of the methods one by one:
Solution 1: Running the Reboot.bat File
This sort of issue could be seen due to any changes from the recent update might not have been properly applied to the program. In such a case, the user needs to run the reboot.bat file, which can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- The very first step is to close all QuickBooks programs and then right click on the QuickBooks icon
- And then, select the properties option from the drop-down menu
- After that, the user needs to click on the open file location from the window that opens up showing the file properties
- In the next step, the user will be navigated to the location where all QuickBooks program files are saved. And then the user needs to type reboot.bat in the search box. Also, the user can type reboot and look for the files saving reboot.bat or reboot
- Now, the user needs to right click on the reboot.bat file and then click on run as admin
- After that, the windows will automatically close
- The user will have to reboot the system for the changes and then open QuickBooks
When the user opens QuickBooks, the user needs to automatically find an option to install new updates and then click on install now.
Solution 2: Installing the digital signature certificate
- In this particular process, the user needs to navigate to QuickBooks in the program files
- And then, find the file QBW32.exe and then right click on it, followed by selecting properties from the drop-down menu
- The next step is to click on digital signature from the top tabs, and then ensure that Intuit is selected from the signature list
- Now, click on details and in the window that opens up, the user needs to click on view certificate
- After that, the certificate window will give the user an option to install the certificate. And then click on install certificate
- The next step is to follow the on-screen prompts
- And then, reboot the system and open QuickBooks
- Lastly, check if the update completes without errors.
Solution 3: Delete and download the updates again
In case the above steps didn’t work, then you can try to delete and download the updates again. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- The first step is to close QuickBooks
- And then follow the path to reach the downloaded file: C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks<versionXX.\Components
- Now, it should be noted that the XX states the version number
- After that, the user needs to open QuickBooks and navigate to the help menu
- Also, click on update QuickBooks desktop
- Followed by selecting the update now tab and then check the box that says Reset the updates
- The last step is to click on get updates and the updates will be downloaded all over again. After the updates are downloaded, the user will automatically get the option to install them. And then, the user needs to click on install now and then check if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 4: Logging in as Admin
If the above steps failed to work for you, then the user can login the software as admin. The user is recommended to login QuickBooks using the administrative login credentials.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0?
Solution 5: Checking the internet connectivity issues
Another reason behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks error code 15103 can be the common internet connectivity issues. Thus, the user is recommended to check the internet connectivity issues. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- The user needs to ensure that internet explorer is set as the default browser
- And then, confirm that the date and time settings on the workstation are accurate
- After that, the user should check the cipher strength
- Followed by, navigating to the internet options and update settings from the tools.
It is expected that after checking and fixing the internet connectivity issues, the error might be resolved to a certain extent.
Implementation of above stated methods and steps can help the user in getting rid of the QuickBooks error 15103 up to a great extent. However, if you continue to face the same issue, then we recommend you to consult our accounting professionals right away. You can make a call at our toll-free support number i.e. 1(844)405-0906, and discuss your queries with our 24/7 QuickBooks premier support experts.
We are a team of technically sound QuickBooks experts, who work round the clock to provide the best support services. So, feel free to call us anytime, we will be happy to help you.