Are you facing QuickBooks Error code 6150…? You might be wondering why it is happening on your computer when the same software is working fine on your friend’s computer. Well, no need to worry at all..!! By going through this article, you will get to know each and everything about this error from its cause, symptoms, and solution.
QuickBooks Error code -6150, -1006 mainly occurs when creating, opening, or using company files. When this error occurs you may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
Why Error Code 6150 occurs?
Error Code 6150 can be occurs due to following reasons.
- When trying to open a damaged company file
- Incomplete installation
- Corrupt download of QuickBooks Software
- If some program or code mistakenly deleted from the QuickBooks
- Infected company file.
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks error 80029c4a?
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6150
- Computer crashes frequently
- Your computer might become sluggish
- The static working of mouse and keyboard movement get interrupted.
However, this QuickBooks Error Code 6150 can be fixed manually as well as automatically. Here I am giving you a step by step solution to move out hassle free from this error. Also you can take help from QuickBooks support team to get instant solution for QB errors.
Learn How to Fix this Error Code 6150, -1006
Following are the quickest methods to resolve error code 6150, 1006.
- Try changing file extension if the error message is linked with the file extension of the company file. Once you link the company file with the correct extension, the Error Code 6150 will disappear.
- Re-install or update the QuickBooks software.
- Only save ‘QuickBooks for Macintosh’ for Mac system & ‘QuickBooks for Windows’ for Window system
- Use adequate and efficient antivirus to keep your computer and QuickBooks software away from viruses and malware.
Sometimes the this error do not fix even after using the above solution. So in that situation, you can try the following methods to get rid of from QuickBooks Error -6150, -1006
Solution 1: Restore the Company File from Backup
One of a most effective method is to simply restore the company file from the backup to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6150. Just follow step by step to perform it as given below:
- Open QuickBooks, click on the file and select “Open or Restore Company”.
- Click “Restore a backup copy” then click on “Next” appearing on your screen.
- A new page will pop up on the screen. On the new page select “Local Backup” and hit the “Next” button
- Search and select Company file backup location from the drop-down menu.
- Select the backup with .qbb extension
- A new page with the name “Open or Restore Company” will open. Hit the “Next” button appearing on the screen.
- Go to the save-in drop-down menu, select the proffered location to restore the backup file with a new Filename in .qbw format.
- Click on “Yes” to replace the old filename.
- Type “Yes” in the appeared column to completely replace and delete the old file. Press “OK”.
You may also read: Ways to fix QuickBooks error code 15215
Solution 2: Create and establish a New QuickBooks Desktop file from the beginning
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop, select “Create a new company” on the “No Company Open” page.
- Fill all the required information to create a new company and click the “Create Company”.
- You are all set to go…!! Start working.
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
Our data recovery team will help you to repair and recover your damaged company files with the help of a tool named as Auto Data Recovery (ADR). Data recovery process takes a few days to recover data back.
Solution 4: Check for CryptoWall
- Firstly you need to Click on Windows Start button and type “File Explorer” into search option to open the Windows File Explorer.
- After that search for QuickBooks folder and open it. Usually you will get this file on your C: drive.
- Now find out the files that contains words like “decrypt” or “instructions” (.txt or .html).
In spite of doing all this hard work, if you are encountering the issues in solving this QuickBooks Error 6150 then you can get in touch with us directly at QuickBooks premier support number i.e. 1-800-969-7370. We have a team proficient and expert technicians who strive to provide assistance to our customers and clients 24×7 worldwide. So we are just a call away…!!