Update yourself with the ways to resolve QuickBooks error code 80070057 (The parameter is incorrect)
In this tech-savvy era, where every industry is investing in technological advancements, the accounting sector is not an exception. QuickBooks has entirely transformed the way businesses performed their day-to-day accounting activities earlier. No doubt, QuickBooks has marked its presence in no time and has successfully made its way to the top of the preference list, when it comes to the best accounting software. When it comes to accounting software, QuickBooks has marked its presence all across the globe. It is accounting software that works with a multi-user mode with different locations, ultimately providing seamless services to all its users. No doubt, QuickBooks has changed how businesses performed their accounting transactions earlier. This feature packed software has a vast market cover up because of the flawless services that it provides to its users. When we dig deep into technicalities, codes, and algorithms, a few errors or issues are pretty standard. One such error that is commonly faced by QuickBooks users is Error Code 80070057.
Here, in this article today we are going to discuss about QuickBooks error code 80070057 and it’s possible causes. Resolving errors in QuickBooks is not a major issue as such, all you need to do is go through this article. However, if you want a permanent solution to do away with this error, then reaching out to our technical support team at +1(800)969-7370, would be a better option. The QuickBooks premier support crew will assist you in getting rid of this error in no time. Thus, do not hesitate in calling us anytime, we will be happy to fix the error for you.
You may also like: Fix QuickBooks Error codes H101, H202, H303, or H505
Insight into QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
The error 80070057 shows a message, i.e.
“80070057: the parameter is incorrect when the user tries to open a company file.
Error 80070057 (The parameter is incorrect)
This means that the user has not enough of the permission to delete the data from the particular folder, as to access the company file, the user is required to have read/writer and create/remove rights. QuickBooks users might often panic seeing this kind of error. Well, there is no need to worry, as this error can be easily avoided with the help of this article. At the end of this article, we expect you to be aware of the simple and highly effective ways to get rid of error 80070057.
This error is often considered to be one of the most complicated errors, and is often reported while launching the company file. There can be multiple reasons why this error occurs, and sometimes insufficient permissions can become one of the reasons. Read on to learn the ways to tackle this error.
Valid Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
So now that you are facing the issue, it would be better to find out what are the reasons behind this error. Identifying the causes not only assists in dealing with the error but also it helps you to avoid any such error in the future, at least on your part. The factors causing this type of error can be many, we have tried to cover the maximum of the factors in the list below. Let us have a look:
- One of the common reasons can be that the user tried to open the file by simply double clicking on it, rather than opening it through the QB folder.
- Another reason can be when the QuickBooks company files & folder extension is changed or modified.
- In case when the firewall configuration is not updated in the QuickBooks.
- Or maybe when the version of QuickBooks is damaged.
- The certain error can also be detected when the user tried opening the portable file rather than running the application.
- In case when the QuickBooks for Windows file extension is of wrong type: .qbm, .qbb, .qbx
- Or maybe the user is working on a file which is situated on USB flash drive.
- One of the reasons can be when the Antivirus used is “Bitdefender” that barricades the exotic ports when the data accumulates between the devices. QuickBooks Desktop 2020, 2019, and 2018 use the database server running on the host computer. The Bit-defender blocks these ports via the default system.
A few more causes:
- This error can be caused when the Network Data (.ND) could be damaged. Not be known to many, this is a configuration file that stores the information relevant to QuickBooks Company File accessibility in a multi-user environment. This file allows the program to recognize the database server that it may use. If the file is moved, deleted, or corrupted on the host or the server computer, then the file becomes unreadable, ending up into the QuickBooks Error Code 8007057.
- Direct Attempt to open the company file from the shared folder because of the QuickBooks server file permission on the host computer. It should be noted that the file should be opened within the QuickBooks Desktop Software.
- At times, inappropriate Firewall and Internet security settings for QuickBooks Desktop might hinder proper syncing with the QB Database present on the server.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error code 80070057
There can be a bunch of symptoms indicating this error code, a few of which are listed below:
- Error code itself appears on the screen with an error message
- Active program window crashes
- The system freezes for a couple of time
- While installing QuickBooks error code suddenly pops up
- Error appears and crashes the running program
- The user doesn’t have permissions to delete the company file
Fixation of QuickBooks Error 80070057 (The parameter is incorrect)
If you are a victim of this error, then don’t worry, we have some guaranteed repairs for you. Follow any of the methods scribbled below and free yourself from the barriers of this error. So, without further ado, let us explore each of the ways one by one:
Method 1: Open your company file correctly
You may avoid getting an error if you’re opening the company file correctly.
- Firstly, open your QuickBooks desktop.
- After that choose the company file and click on Open.
Method 2: Install a fresh copy of Network Data (.ND) configuration file in the company folder
- The very first step is to sign out all the users and close QuickBooks on all the computer.
- The next step is to log in as a Windows administrator and browse to the company file folder.
- Now, search for .nd that is linked to company file having problems.
- Once you are done with the above steps, find the file then either rename or delete it. QuickBooks network data file will capture a new network setting to check accessibility on the workstations, and then your issues will be resolved.
Method 3: Open QBDBM on the Server and rescan the company file folder
- The first step is to type the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and then click on the Icon to open it.
- In case you see the company file already listed, then choose Scan option or Click on “Add Folder“
- Now, browse to the folder location and then select the folder.
- The next step is to click Scan, just as suggested above.
- It should be noted that the Scan primarily reconfigure the QuickBooks File Sharing Permissions, to make it accessible to all the QB Workstations and also to report the errors regarding Firewall and Internet security settings.
- The last step is to open the file from the server or host computer and then from the computer that showed up the error. In case the problem persists, it should be addressed to the Certified ProAdvisor.
Read Also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15215?
Method 4: Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool
In this method, the QuickBooks users can download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. The Error 80070057 can be addressed with the help of this tool, as this tool is capable of resolving several other QuickBooks desktop errors.
- The very first step is to close QuickBooks
- And then download the QuickBooks Tool hub and save it to the desktop
- And then double click the downloaded file and carry out the onscreen instructions to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Followed by clicking on the icon to open the tool
- After that select the company file issues
- And select the Run QuickBooks file doctor tool option
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select the company file to be fixed
- In case the user is unable to spot it, then he/she can browse for the same
- After that select the check your file option and click on continue
- Enter the admin password and hit next
- Open QuickBooks and company file and you are good to go
Method 5: Configure the Bitdefender
- The first step is to navigate to Bitdefender 10.0 main menu and choose Antivirus.
- Choose Custom Level.
- Now, select Exclude Path from Scan.
- Then select New.
- The last step is to choose the Mapped drive or the UNC Path that is generally used to browse a company file.
Method 6: Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks
This is another simple method that can be followed by the QuickBooks Users to get rid of Error 80070057. In this method, all they need to do is perform a clean installation of QuickBooks and then reinstall the QB Desktop. But before uninstalling QuickBooks desktop, the user needs to ensure that the QuickBooks desktop file has been downloaded and the installation CD and license numbers are also with you. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- To begin with, the user needs to re-install using a clean install.
- After that, the user needs to update the QuickBooks desktop to the latest release.
- The user needs to move to the file menu and then click on the close company or logoff. The point to be noted here is that, if the user opens up multiple company files in QB desktop, the user needs to carry out the same steps for each of the company file.
- The next step is to click on the file option and then tap on exit.
- After that, click on run as administrator option.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to ensure that there is no company open on the screen.
- Now, move to the help menu and hit update QuickBooks option.
- Select options.
- Once done with that, the user needs to click on the mark all tab and then hit save.
- After that, hit the update now tab.
- And tap on the reset updates option, along with that select the get updates option.
- Once the update finish pop-up appears on the screen, the user needs to close the QuickBooks desktop.
- And then, the user needs to open the QB desktop, and click on yes, if prompted to install updates.
- The last and final step is to reboot the system.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3371?
Method 7: Convert the files from Mac to Windows (for QB Mac Users)
The last way is only for the QuickBooks Mac Users. In this method, all they need to do is to use the backup option in Windows to convert QuickBooks Mac to Windows.
Features- Stellar Repair for QuickBooks Software
- Unique and multifunctional QB files recovery tool mends all errors as available in the system and also enables the opening of the Company File. It should be noted that this software recovers all components of Company, Customer, vendors, and employees as well.
- This software supports multiple currencies hence valid across most languages.
- It also provides a preview of recoverable data for content verification.
- This software supports the recovery of data from QuickBooks backup file.
- It promotes file-finding from the available folders.
Method 8: Run QuickBooks as system administrator
Open your QuickBooks desktop with all your admin permissions. Also ensure that QuickBooks has sufficient permissions so it can run without any issues.
- At first, open your QuickBooks desktop.
- After that hit a right click on QuickBooks Icon and choose Run as Administrator option.
- In case your company file didn’t open automatically, choose the company file and then hit a click on Open.
Method 9: Check the company file name extension
- Firstly, the user needs to right click the company file
- And then select the properties tab
- After that choose the QuickBooks icon
- And note the file extension in the filename field, followed by opening QuickBooks
- To end the process, the user needs to click on the OK tab.
Read this also: Ways to fix QuickBooks online error 102
We wind up this article with the hope that the above-enumerated solutions would help you in getting rid of the QuickBooks Error code 80070057. At last, if the problem still persists even after following the above listed steps, then it is suggested to contact our QuickBooks support team and ask your doubts directly to our technical experts at +1(800)969-7370.