Here is how you can fix QuickBooks Error Code C=51 in four simple ways
Accounting applications are the backbone of any company. Not only it helps in the management of assets and liabilities but also it is essential to keep track of all the expenses of the organization. QuickBooks desktop is one of the most popular accounting software used by small and medium-sized companies throughout the globe. The reason behind the vast popularity is nothing but the fact that it is simple to get used to and offers a whole lot of features that all the users appreciate.
The only issue with QuickBooks is that due to regular updates and fixes of the software, it becomes prone to error pop-ups. One of the most common errors on QB Desktop is none other than QuickBooks Error Code C=51.
So, to help QB users to self diagnose their system and to get rid of the Error, in this article we will discuss all that is related to QuickBooks Error Code C=51. We will discuss a handful of methods to fix this error so that it will be gone from your system for good. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
You may also see: Resolve network issues with QuickBooks File Doctor test results
What is QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
The users need to understand first what the error is and then only they will be able to fix the issue. QuickBooks Error Code C=51 is an error pop up which comes on the screen whenever a user is unable to search for the TxList file. The error message which comes up on the system is ‘unable to find the TxList’. It occurs commonly when a user is trying to remove some transaction details from a report.
What are the causes behind QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
There are several causes that are behind this QB error. Some of the most common ones are mentioned below. So, if you find any of these associated with your system, make sure that you proceed with the diagnosis steps mentioned at the end of the article:
- QuickBooks is not able to verify the company files as well as the software files on the server
- If any backup file is created on an external device which is corrupted such as a bad floppy disk, then also it can be a cause of this error
- Any damaged file which is present of the system might cause this error
- In case the QB database server is damaged or corrupted in some manner, then also users might face this error
- If you are facing error such as QuickBooks Rebuild error, then also there is a chance that it will link to QuickBooks Error C=51
What are the troubleshooting requirements?
Following are some of the essential requirements that are supposed to be done before users start troubleshooting for QuickBooks error code C=51:
- Make sure that the company file is backed up in any external device which does not have any issues
- All the transaction logs and .TLG files are supposed to be in the same folder as .QBW files
- Lastly, make sure that the QB Data files with .QBW, .QBM or .QBB extensions are backed up.
Methods of fixing QuickBooks Error Code C=51
These are some of the methods that users can follow to fix this QuickBooks error code C=51. Make sure that you go through all of them as it will ensure that the system is completely diagnosed with this error:
Method 1: Updating QuickBooks desktop to latest
- Start with Rebooting system and Launching QuickBooks Desktop
- Click on the Help menu and then click on Update QuickBooks
- Here, click on the Update Now tab
- Users will have to select the Updates from the link mentioned in the columns, once the update is completed exit QuickBooks
- Reboot the system
Method 2: Using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Start with visiting the official website of Intuit
- Search for the QuickBooks File Doctor tool and download the software
- Install the software and then check out the Erroneous files on the system using the File doctor tool
- Lastly, use the tool and let it complete the process
Method 3: Rebuild the data
- Start with closing all the tabs in QuickBooks
- After that Shut down the system and reboot it
- Now, open QB desktop and then under the file menu, click on Rebuild data
Method 4: Make a fresh backup file
- Start with restoring the backup file
- Once the file is restored, press CTRL + C key and then move the file to a new folder which can be found easily
- Now, right-click on this new folder and then click on Properties
- If the size of the Backup file is less than 6 MB then it is incorrect
- Create a fresh Backup file and paste it in the folder with .QBW files
So, these are some of the methods using which a user can fix QuickBooks Error code C= 51. In case, even after following all the steps, the error is not fixed, you can contact our QuickBooks customer support number i.e. 1-844-405-0906 for assistance. We hope that you find this article helpful. Please contact us if you have any more questions.