Learn How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error code H202 or H505 like a Pro
When it comes to being reliable as well as well-functioning accounting software, there is no other option in the market better than QuickBooks Desktop. The reason behind this is quite simple as it offers a great deal of multi-user performance and the best part about the services of the software is that you get a very cooperative team of professionals who can help you to get you through in case you are facing any errors.
But, due to the fact that it is programmed according to the needs of both small as well as medium companies, there is a lot that it packs in itself. Thus, facing errors is not something that you won’t experience. Among QuickBooks error H202, H303 and H505 are the most common ones and many users have to face these. So, today we are going to talk about what causes these errors and how can you fix them if you are not able to contact the customer service portal. But first, let’s understand what these errors cause.
Related article: How to Fix QuickBooks has stopped working Issue?
QuickBooks Desktop Error H202 and H505 usually occur when the user switches between normal to multi-user mode. Although, H202, H303 and H505 appear together as a part of one big issue whereas H202 is quite special and it occurs when the user tries to access a file which is not present in their computer rather it is present on the server.
You may see the following error messages on your computer screen when QuickBooks Error H202 and H505 occurs:
Causes of QuickBooks Error H202 and H505
Being one of the most common errors that appear in QuickBooks Desktop, there are multiple reasons that cause these errors to happen. So, the following are some of the reasons that might be the ultimate cause of these issues:
- The Configuration for Hosting is not set correctly to the correct values and details
- QBCFMoniterService or QuickBooks database server manager (QuickBooksDBXX service) has not initiated yet.
- The file is present on the servers or a Virtual Machine.
- .ND file is either, misconfigured, corrupted or Damaged
- The IP address of the host computer is not accessible by QuickBooks
- Critical Network might be absent from the configuration.
What are the Effects of these QuickBooks H series errors?
Following are some of the effects that you will experience due to the presence of these errors while you are using QuickBooks Desktop:
- You will not be able to find a certain folder
- The system will shut down completely randomly
- Proper functioning of the system will be disbanded
- The presence of these errors will be quite repetitive
- The flow of data will be halted both incoming as well as outgoing.
How you can Fix QuickBooks Error H202 and H505?
There are a bunch of solutions that you can perform in order to fix these QuickBooks h series errors. The reason for their being so many methods of fixing these errors is because of the frequency of these errors popping up being too regular.
Method #1: Running QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
This is one of the most powerful tools that is manufactured by the developers themselves. Not only it simply detects the error by itself but also it successfully resolves the QuickBooks errors including the ones that we are talking about in this article. So, all you have to do is to visit the official website of Intuit and download QuickBooks File Doctor. Once it is installed, simply run the program and sit back while the tool completes its purpose.
Method #2: Check whether QuickBooks Services are running or not
Following are the steps that you need to perform in order to check whether or not QuickBooks Services are running or not:
- On the desktop, press ‘Windows + R’ keys to open Run window, once it opens, write ‘services.msc’ in the box and press Enter key.
- A list will appear on your screen, select QuickBooksDBXX, check for the start-up type to be Automatic.
- Check the status of the service of QuickBooksDBXX and make sure that it is started or Running already.
- Now, click on the ‘Recovery’ tab, check the ‘First Failure drop-down’ menu and choose the option saying ‘Restart the service’. Perform the same with other failures.
- Once done, click on the ‘Apply‘ Button and then click on ‘OK‘ button.
- Check if the QuickBooks Error Code H202 is still showing up or not. In case the error shows up again, then contact the professionals for better aid.
Method #3: New QuickBooks Company File Folder
Following are the steps that you can perform to create a new QuickBooks company file folder:
- On the hosting computer, make a new folder.
- Under the permissions, select to Share the folder and QuickBooks company files as well.
- Copy .qbw file to the recently made folder.
- Now, visit the multi-user mode and try to open QuickBooks Company File.
Method #4: Verify hosting and Services
Verify the hosting
- Firstly open QuickBooks on all hosting computer.
- After that go to ‘File‘ and then ‘Utilities‘.
- See ‘Host Multi-User Access‘ on the list, this computer is not hosting the file. Go to the next system. Please remember that you do not need to change anything on your workstation.
- If you see ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access‘, hit a click to choose it.
- Your file must be closed window, finally click on ‘Yes‘ option.
Read this also: Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000
Verify the services
- Make sure that your ‘QuickBooksDBXX‘ and ‘QBCFMonitor Services‘ are started.
- Hit a click on ‘Windows‘ button and then press the ‘Windows + R‘ keys to bring up the run box.
- Type ‘MSC‘ at there and then press ‘Enter‘ key on your keyboard.
- Service window: Scroll down and see presence for ‘QuickBooksDBXX service‘.
- If your are unable to see QuickBooksDBXX Service:
- Start the ‘QuickBooks database server manager‘ and then verify that the QBDBMS is also installed on the server.
- If you run the full program on the server, open QuickBooks and then choose and verify that hosting is enabled.
- Hit left mosuse key twicely on the ‘QuickBooksDBXX service‘ and then verify that the Startup Type is and service status is start.
- Now click on ‘Recovery‘ option.
- Open computer system menu and then select restart (This will automatically restart the QuickBooksDB service if it fails.)
- Remember perform the same action for Second failure.
- Hit a click to ‘Save’ the changes.
- Repeat all the above steps for ‘QBCFMonitor Service‘.
- Now open QuickBooks in the multi-user mode on each workstation.
Interesting Read: Uses of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
We hope that above-mentioned solutions help you in fixing QuickBooks Error Code H202 or H505. In case the error persists or shows up again, you can contact our certified QuickBooks premier support team for better aid. You can dial our toll-free +1-(800)969-7370 and speak to our experts within no time.