Learn how to fix QuickBooks Error OL 301 or OL 393 when trying to connect to your bank or download transactions
Have you stumbled upon the QuickBooks error OL 301 or 393? Well, this error is usually seen when the user tries to update the accounts to download the new bank transactions into the QuickBooks software. This is a specific software error that can be easily fixed by implementing a couple of solutions. The main reason behind such an error can be temporary bank server outage or company file having data integrity issues. This error code often comes with an error message, which could trouble the user.
In today’s article, we will be discussing in detail the processes to fix QuickBooks Error OL-301 or OL-394 errors. Thus, if you are interested, then make sure to read the post carefully till the end. You can also get in touch our QuickBooks support team via our toll-free customer support number.
You may also see: How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311?
What causes QuickBooks error OL 301 or 393?
The error code OL 301 or 393 is usually seen due to certain factors, namely:
- The user might end up in such an error when QuickBooks is not running the most recent update/release
- Also, such an error could be seen if the software has the wrong information saved
- Moreover, if QuickBooks software is not available on the server, then such error is probable to happen
- Along with that, this error will be encountered in case the software is improperly installed
- Another factor can be in case of any virus or malware attack
- Not only this, the user might come across such an error if QuickBooks related files are deleted in a wrong way
Before starting off with the troubleshooting measures, the user should ensure to carry out the below two tasks:
- Creating a QuickBooks data file backup
- And turning off the automatic download transactions into register.
Read also: How to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 3180?
Symptoms of QuickBooks error OL 301 or OL 394
Read Also: How to Solve QuickBooks Error Code 7010?
Methods to resolve the QuickBooks banking error OL 301 or OL 393
As we mentioned earlier, fixing these issues becomes easy, if a couple of methods are followed properly. Below are the solutions that can help the user to get rid of these errors successfully:
Method 1: Reactivating the deactivated account
- The user needs to first navigate to the tools and add account tab
- And then select the type of an account such as checking, saving, etc.
- After that, click on the advanced setup
- And then type the name of the bank/financial institution
- Now, click on next
- Followed by selecting a suitable connection method and hit next
- The user is then required to enter the bank username and password
- Also, click on connect
- In the next step, QuickBooks starts to look up your accounts at a bank
- Now, after you see the list of your accounts, make sure to reactivate the accounts
- And then, link it with an existing account in QuickBooks desktop
- The next step is to click on Next and finish
Method 2: Make sure to check hidden account
At times, hidden accounts with the same bank can cause issues, as they might be available with the online download, which is no longer available with the bank. In order to verify the hidden accounts, the steps below should be followed:
- The user will have to navigate to the tools and account list
- After that, check show hidden accounts
- Now, click on edit too the hidden account
- And also, select the online services to ensure that hidden account is no longer available with the online services
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006?
Method 3: Deactivating an account
- For this method, the user needs to navigate to the tools and then opt for the account list
- After that, click on edit to an account that cause the issue
- Also, select the online services tab
- Followed by clicking on deactivate
- The next step is to click on yes to confirm
- And then click on OK and done
Method 4: Verifying the account information
- In this process, the user needs move to the tools and account list tab
- After that click on edit to the account which is in question
- Followed by selecting the general tab and then verify the account information such as an account number, customer id, etc
Method 5: Look for the account that failed to update
The user is supposed to check the account that failed to update. This can be done by:
- Firstly, navigating to the tools
- And then select one step update summary
- After that, see an account that is in question with a red heading and error code.
Method 6: Updating QuickBooks to the latest release
For updating the QuickBooks to the latest release, the below steps would work:
- The user will have to open QuickBooks
- And then move to the help and then click on Update QuickBooks
- After that, click on yes to launch it, once the update is downloaded
Method 7: Refresh online account information
In case none of the above methods worked for you in fixing the QuickBooks error OL- 301, or 393, then the user can try refreshing the online account information. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- The user will simply have to click on account
- And then, after the account register is open, click on the top right gear icon with the drop down menu
- Also, click update now
- The next step is to enter a vault or bank password when asked to
- And to end the process, click on update now
Fixing these QuickBooks error code OL 301 or OL 393 might seem to be a daunting task, but at the same time these errors could be fixed easily, if the above steps are followed properly. In case, you continue to face the same issue even after carrying out the above methods, then we highly recommend you to consult our QuickBooks premier support team.
Give us a call right away at our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1(844)405-0906, and we will ensure to fix the error for you permanently.