QuickBooks error code 15107 is encountered with QuickBooks payroll. This error appears on the screen with an error message that states:
The update program cannot be initialized”.
Simply said, it is seen when the user is unable to download the payroll updates release by Intuit QuickBooks or while users trying to process the payroll. Such an error can be a bit problematic for the ones using the latest update of QuickBooks payroll 2017. As a consequence of this error, the system might shut down or the payroll might stop working. Also, the accounting process becomes inefficient as a result of this particular error. However, tackling the issue is possible by performing some set of steps, which we will be discussing later in this article. Thus, if you are interested in knowing the ways to tackle this issue, make sure to read this thoroughly, or contact us at 1-844-405-0906 and discuss your issue with our team of experts.
Related Post: How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311?
What leads to QuickBooks error code 15107?
One can end up in this issue, due to the following reasons:
- The very first reason can be incomplete or intentionally closed QuickBooks update.
- Also, if there is any damage or corruption in the registry files.
- The user can also face such an error if there is any virus or malware attack on the system.
- Or if the firewall settings are blocking the connection.
- Or the payroll files are corrupted.
Methods to rectify the QuickBooks payroll error 15107
Users can try fixing the QuickBooks error code 15107 by performing the steps and methods below:
Method 1: Perform a Clean installation
One can use the clean install tool to fix the QuickBooks error code 15107. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- The very first step is to download QuickBooks clean install tool by clicking on it and saving it on the system.
- Further, the user should open the setup file and hit on the file QuickBooks_clean_install_utility.exe.
- In the next step a permission dialog box will appear on the screen, where the user needs to click on, I accept icon on license agreement.
- Also, choose the continue tab.
- And hit on ok icon.
Method 2: Download QuickBooks latest release update
- This can be done by first closing QuickBooks application.
- And then, heading to the C:\Documents and Settings\ All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks <version>\components.
- Further spot the folder by its name downloadqbxx where xx is the QuickBooks version.
- The next step is to rename the folder as downloadqbxx.old.
- And open the QuickBooks application again.
- Now, move to the help tab and update QuickBooks icon also click on update now tab.
- After that click on reset the updates.
- And download the latest QB update, and click on the get updates tab.
- After the QuickBooks download is complete, close and reopen it and click on install the update icon.
Method 3: Restarting the system
Often when nothing helps, a simple reboot can work wonders. Thus, it is recommended to try fixing the issue by restarting the system. This will allow the system and software to work more effectively.
Method 4: Run reboot.bat file
- Under this method, the user needs to first press windows or start key.
- And then type in that reboot.bat and click on enter tab.
- The user might see a command prompt on the screen.
- Where numerous file names will show up. It is recommended to avoid shutting the system forcefully, as it might create some issue.
- After the reboot.bat utility is completed, allow it to shut down by its own.
Method 5: Fixing the internet explorer security and firewall
- This is the last method where the user will have to ensure that the date and time on the system is correct.
- And also verify the network strength.
- The user should use the internet option and tools to update or restore the advanced settings.
QuickBooks payroll error 15107 can be tackled with much ease, once the above discussed steps are implemented. However, if the user is still unable to deal with the issue, then it is recommended to connect with our QuickBooks pro support team at +1-844-405-0906. Our team will provide the user with the most relevant and quick solution.