Get the best Solution steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll error PS058
QuickBooks is one of the most reliable accounting software available, today. With the coming of this software small and medium-scale businesses have been highly benefited as it is a very effective financial tool. This application is known to manage finances, evaluate spends and income, generate accounting reports, create invoices and billings and for many more tasks. In fact, it is often said that QuickBooks has revolutionized accounting. It is no longer seen as a time taking and cumbersome task. Every year QuickBooks new version is launched that has much better features.
Even though this software has gained immense popularity all over the world, it sometimes does face technical glitches, after-all it is just a software. Some of these errors can be easily fixed, while few others can be pretty complicated as they might interrupt the entire business operations. And that’s why you would require experts help.
When QB users tries to download and install payroll updates they often face the QuickBooks payroll error PS058 which doesn’t allow the completion of the download process. So, in this blog we will discuss all about this error, right from why it happens to the solutions.
What is QuickBooks Payroll error code PS058?
As mentioned earlier this error happens when you try to download and install Payroll updates. The installation to update the payroll updates consists many levels like decrypting the files, repeating the files to the drive and more.
The QuickBooks QBDAgent helps in Copy operation and is also responsible for repeating the files to the drive. Once the files are successfully saved in the drive, the net human decrypts the files. Then QuickBooks QBDAgent installs the files in QuickBooks directory by following the procedure. So, when the QuickBooks error PS058 happens it doesn’t allow you to download the recent payroll update and is known to affect the work process of the entire organization. That’s the reason why it needs to be resolved at the earliest.
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll error PS058
- While copying company files in the hard drive an issue many occur
- Files may have got corrupted while decryption using the IE web browser
- An error might happen while installing the files by utilizing QBDAgent
- Your Windows Explorer files are corrupted or there is a damaged QuickBooks company files
How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058?
The below mentioned steps are to fix the QuickBooks error of PS058.
- The very first thing to do is to restart your computer
- Now open QuickBooks and go to the Employees menu
- For QuickBooks Payroll services, check the Account/billing information
- Also check if QuickBooks is registered or not. If it is not, then register your QuickBooks desktop.
- Do ensure that you have only installed only one instance of a particular version of QuickBooks Desktop. In case, there is more than one installation of the same version, then uninstall the one that’s not in use. Also create backup of your data files.
- Now you have to check if you are getting Error PS058
- After this you have to reset the QuickBooks updates
- In Microsoft Windows, turn off the User Account Control. After the troubleshoot of Error PS058 is done, ensure that you start it again
- Once you are done, now you have to re-sort the lists and after that verify the QuickBooks data. After the verification process is over run an error report. Rectify any kind of data damaged by re-sorting the list and by verifying the data /Rebuild Data procedure.
- Below are the steps to run error report called QBWin.log
- Press together Ctrl+1 keys in QuickBooks
- In the Tech Help Window, find the file with the name Open File
- Now search for the qbwin.log file and then click on it
- After this go to the CPS folder and you have to now rename it. By doing this you might get multiple error messages on your computer screen. Don’t stop, keep on going past these messages:
- First of all go to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20nn\Components\Payroll\CPS. The nn here stands for QB version.
- Now right-click on the CPS folder
- Select Rename option from the list that will pop up on the screen
- Type –CPSOLD
- Once done, now you have to download Payroll and then see if you are still getting the QuickBooks Payroll PS058 error
- Now right-click on the reboot.bat file.
- Now a list will appear on your system and from there choose Run as Administrator
- After this you have to do a QuickBooks clean install in a selective startup.
- Now check if the QuickBooks Payroll error PS058 has been solved or not.
Related article: How to fix QuickBooks payroll error PS033?
Though you can easily fix the QuickBooks Payroll error PS058, but then if the problem persists then you would require help from the experts. Our QuickBooks premier support team are available 24/7 to give you solutions to all technical glitches and also share tips and tricks to avoid them in the long run.
Also you can contact us via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-969-7370. Our experts and Intuit certified professionals will be happy to help you.