Subscription error in QuickBooks desktop is one of the most commonly reported errors in the recent times. The subscription error usually comes up with an error message stating “Your QuickBooks subscription has lapsed”. Many QB users believe that the subscription error might hamper the data, but that’s not it. We would like to assure you that the subscription error won’t impact the company’s data. This issue can be fixed easily by carrying out a couple of steps and procedures. Considering the difficulty that the user might have faced while tackling this issue, we have come up with this article, where we will be discussing in detail the quick fixes to the subscription error in QuickBooks desktop.
Moreover, if you feel that the issue is too technical for you to handle, then in that case make sure to team up with a professional. You can simply get in touch with our QuickBooks premier technical support team at 1-844-405-0906, and let them handle the error on your behalf.
You may also see: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1904?
Quick solutions to subscription error in QuickBooks desktop
There can be a couple of measures that can be taken to fix the subscription error in QuickBooks desktop. We will be exploring each of the methods one by one:
Method 1: Restoring the product and license file
It should be noted that QuickBooks desktop usually saves a file with the product and license information to the hard drive. The steps below can be implemented to the product and license file:
- Initially, the user needs to get the license and product information.
- And then, close the software
- After that, open the Windows Start menu
- Followed by typing run into the search box and also choose run
- Now, the user needs to type in C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and then hit Enter key. In case it doesn’t open a folder, the user needs to enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6 can be opted for.
- The user will then have to spot the file entitlementdatastore.ecml. And then right click the same and choose delete. Also, opt for YES to confirm
- The next step is to open the QuickBooks desktop software and also the company file
- And lastly, carry out the onscreen instructions to register QuickBooks again with the product and the license number.
Method 2: Verify the internet connection settings
Subscription error might be caused due to a couple of reasons and internet settings can be one of them. Thus, the user needs to change the internet connection settings in QuickBooks desktop.
Read this Also: How to Resolve the QuickBooks error code 15222?
Method 3: Updating the billing information
Changing the business credit cards and accounts might lead to an issue. Thus, if you have changed the mentioned details recently, then you just need to update the payment details. This can be easily done with the help of the steps below:
- At first, the user needs to sign into the customer account management portal, using the admin credentials
- The user is then required to select the QuickBooks desktop from the products and services
- And then, selecting edit from the billing information section
- Once done with that, the user needs to update the payment information and also hit a click on save and close options
- Now, move to the QuickBooks software
- Followed by navigating to the help menu and also moving to the mange my license tab. After that, the user needs to select the sync license data online.
Method 4: Run QuickBooks desktop tool hub
At time damaged windows file stops the QuickBooks accounting software from connecting to the online services. The user needs to follow the steps to download, install, and use the tool hub. This can be done by simply carrying out the steps below:
- The user needs to at first open the QuickBooks tool hub
- And then, choose the installation issues option
- Once done with that, the user needs to choose the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. This would repair the windows files that are required in order to run the software.
Method 5: Installing QuickBooks updates
In case none of the above methods helped you in fixing the subscription error in QuickBooks, then make sure to install the latest updates for the version of QuickBooks desktop you are using. This will fix the subscription error and also ensures that the software is having all the latest features and functionalities. In case the software is up to date, then you can reach out to a professional immediately.
Driving towards the conclusion we expect that the QuickBooks desktop subscription error might not trouble you anymore. Well, if you still see the subscription error, then make sure to reach out to us immediately. All you need to do is to give us a call immediately at our toll-free QuickBooks customer support number i.e. 1(844)405-0906.
We are a hub of professionals and technically sound QuickBooks experts, who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services. Thus, do not hesitate in calling us at any point of time.