All that you need to know about QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error and it’s solution
QuickBooks is unarguably one of the best accounting software in the world. It offers wide range of services and has been helping small and medium businesses with their finances. Each year the software is launched with new features which make accounting and bookkeeping hassle free. Even though QuickBooks is very useful software to use but many a time customer face few technical errors. Data issues, network problems and more. One of the very common one is the QuickBooks unrecoverable error and in this article we will discuss all about this issue. You may receive this error while opening or working in your QB Desktop. Below we have shared few of the causes of Unrecoverable Errors in QB desktop. So keep read on!
What is Unrecoverable error in QuickBooks Desktop?
QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error indicates that the software has experienced critical application fault. It displays one of 50 different numeric error codes each of them consisting of 10 digits in a 5-digit space 5 digits sequence (e.g. 15144 57386). This error happens majorly when you open your fill or when you try to Save, Print, or Ship icon at the top of a transaction. To save your time and efforts you can speak with one of our representative, please contact us at our QuickBooks support number i.e. +1-800-969-7370
List of the Unrecoverable Errors
Below are few of the unrecoverable errors that comes in QuickBooks desktop:
|00000 14775||13730 84631||00227 55008|
|19758 63847||20103 33023||20888 41171|
|19758 63847||02457 79428||13824 75582|
Causes of Unrecoverable Error in QuickBooks
The most common reasons why you get an unrecoverable error are:
- QuickBooks getting crashed
- Missing QuickBooks or Windows updates
- Network issues
- Data damage
- A window or windows were left open while closing the file.
- QuickBooks didn’t close properly.
- When QuickBooks components doesn’t start properly or the dynamic link library (DLL) files are missing or corrupted due to the system clutter.
- Computer and technical issues
- Your security programs are falsely marked unsafe to any QB program file.
How to Recognize QuickBooks unrecoverable error?
- Sudden crash in QuickBooks while opening or working
- Update stops or remains incomplete
- Closing of main program window
- QuickBooks freezes or not working properly
- Files and transactions remaining unsaved
Ways to Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
The Following are simple solution to QuickBooks Unrecoverable error. However, before trying these fixes ensure that the QuickBooks Desktop is up to date.
Solution 1: Run Reboot.bat file
- Find the reboot.bat file under “C:\Program Files (x86) \Intuit\QuickBooks xxx Ver 00.0” (xxx denotes your QuickBooks Version & 00.0 denotes the current version of your QuickBooks).
- Click right on “Reboot.bat file” and run the file as administrator
- Then, open your program to check if the problem has resolved and if not, then again reboot your computer and try again.
Solution 2: Change the way you save the Form
- You either have to use the Save & Close button or Save & New button which is at the bottom of the form to save the transaction.
- When you are saving the transaction do not leave the cursor on a blank line of the sales form, instead leave it on a line that has some item filled in.
- Click on To Be Printed before you save the transaction.
- To print it go to File and then Print Forms.
- If you face the unrecoverable error in QuickBooks when you are printing, then make modifications or edit your preferences.
- Click on Preferences from the Edit Menu and select it
- Under the Company Preferences tab, click on Clear Save Transactions before you click the printing check box.
- Tap on OK to save changes.
Solution 3: Open QuickBooks in safe mode and prevent it opening from all the windows
- First of all, Press Alt+Ctrl+Del keys from your keyboard and go to the Task manager.
- Close all the QuickBooks processes under processes tabs.
- Press and hold the Ctrl (Control Key) + V to “Start QuickBooks in Safe Mode” and then double click the Program Icon.
- Continue to press Control Key (Ctrl) till the launch of QuickBooks application and till you sees the “No Company File Open Screen”.
- Release the key when QuickBooks opens without any error. Before you attempt to open the company file, close and open application normally 2-3 times to make sure that the problem is fixed.
- After checking the application properly, open your company file by pressing the Alternate Key (Alt key) and holding till file opens. Close and open the file 2-3 times to check if it is fixed properly.
Solution 4: Open the “Sample File”
Do ensure that QuickBooks is closed when you follow the below mentioned steps.
- First double click on the QuickBooks icon and then hold the CTRL key
- Don’t release the CTRL key till the New Company open screen is displayed
- After this click on Open a sample file
- Select any company file from the list opens
- You will be asked to restore or update the Sample File click on Yes to continue with it.
Solution 5: ‘Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool’ to refresh the QuickBooks installation folder
- Close the programs of QuickBooks and its processes from Task Manager.
- Download QuickBooks clean install tool” and run it to refresh the QuickBooks folders.
Note: Get your “QuickBooks License Number and Product Code Information Handy” before moving to the next step.
- Select QuickBooks from the installed programs list by going to the control panel.
- Select Uninstall / Change from the top and follow the uninstall instructions till the end.
- Restart your computer and Update your windows
- Download the QuickBooks again and select the correct values from the drop-down menus on the page.
- Follow the installation wizard and run the setup till the end and ensure if QuickBooks works.
- A simple thing to do is uninstall and then reinstall QuickBooks software using clean install utility.
Solution 6: Run Windows System file checker
- At First, click on Start key and type command on the search box.
- Press CTRL+SHIFT keys together and Press Enter key.
- You will get a Prompt box on your desktop screen, hit a click on Yes.
- A black screen will open on your computer screen.
- Now type sfc/scannow and hit on Enter key.
- The scan process will begin. You have to wait for few minutes until it completes.
- Once the procedure done, just follow the on-screen commands to resolve unrecoverable error in QuickBooks desktop.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks remote access?
Solution 7: Repair with “QuickBooks Component Repair Tool“
- Download the QuickBooks component repair tool and install it.
- Run the tool and follow the instructions of the wizard.
- Reboot your computer by updating the windows
- Open the program to check if the problem is fixed.
The above mentioned solutions will fix the QuickBooks Unrecoverable error and if still it remains unresolved you can reach out to the QuickBooks pro technical support number i.e. 1-800-969-7370 to get help and support.