All that you need to know about QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error and it’s solution
QuickBooks is unarguably one of the best accounting software in the world. It offers wide range of services and has been helping small and medium businesses with their finances. Each year the software is launched with new features which make accounting and bookkeeping hassle free. Even though QuickBooks is very useful software to use but many a time customer face few technical errors. Data issues, network problems and more. One of the very common one is the QuickBooks unrecoverable error and in this article we will discuss all about this issue. You may receive this error while opening or working in your QuickBooks Desktop. Below we have shared few of the causes of Unrecoverable Error in QuickBooks desktop:
QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error indicates that the software has experienced critical application fault. It displays one of 50 different numeric error codes each of them consisting of 10 digits in a 5-digit space 5 digits sequence (e.g. 15144 57386). This error happens majorly when you open your fill or when you try to Save, Print, or Ship icon at the top of a transaction.
Causes of Unrecoverable Error in QuickBooks
The most common reasons why you get an unrecoverable error are:
- QuickBooks getting crashed
- A window or windows were left open while closing the file.
- QuickBooks didn’t close properly.
- When QuickBooks components doesn’t start properly or the dynamic link library (DLL) files are missing or corrupted due to the system clutter.
- Your security programs are falsely marked unsafe to any QuickBooks program file.
How to Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
The Following are simple solution to QuickBooks Unrecoverable error. However, before trying these fixes ensure that the QuickBooks Desktop is up to date.
Solution 1: Don’t let QuickBooks Open all Windows when starting up
- First double click on QuickBooks icon and the press on the Alt Key.
- The application will ask for user password.
- After releasing the Alt key enter the user password.
- Now click on OK
- After this a file will open and press Alt key now
- Wait till the file opens and then release the Alt key.
Solution 2: Change the way you save the form
- You either have to use the Save & Close button or Save & New button which is at the bottom of the form to save the transaction.
- When you are saving the transaction do not leave the cursor on a blank line of the sales form, instead leave it on a line that has some item filled in.
- Click on To Be Printed before you save the transaction.
- To print it go to File and then Print Forms.
- If you face the unrecoverable error in QuickBooks when you are printing, then make modifications or edit your preferences.
- Click on Preferences from the Edit Menu and select it
- Under the Company Preferences tab, click on Clear Save Transactions before you click the printing check box.
- Tap on OK to save changes.
Solution 3: Re-register the QuickBooks Files
- First thing to do is close QuickBooks
- From the Start Menu go to Run and then type bat to re-register.
- Now restart your computer
- Once done, reopen QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Open the “Sample File”
Do ensure that QuickBooks is closed when you follow the below mentioned steps.
- First double click on the QuickBooks icon and then hold the CTRL key
- Don’t release the CTRL key till the New Company open screen is displayed
- After this click on Open a sample file
- Select any company file from the list opens
- You will be asked to restore or update the Sample File click on Yes to continue with it.
Solution 5: Try Troubleshooting QuickBooks
In case the above mentioned solutions do not work try this one:
- First Run Reboot.exe
- Then run the QuickBooks Repair tool which will diagnose the damage and then fix it.
- After this use QuickBooks clean installation
- If any of the steps don’t work then select repair Microsoft .NET Framework.
Solution 6: Uninstall & Reinstall QuickBooks
- A simple thing to do is uninstall and then reinstall QuickBooks software.
Solution 7: Run Windows System file checker
- At First, click on Start key and type command on the search box.
- Press CTRL+SHIFT keys together and Press Enter key.
- You will get a Prompt box on your desktop screen, hit a click on Yes.
- A black screen will open on your computer screen.
- Now type sfc/scannow and hit on Enter key.
- The scan process will begin. You have to wait for few minutes until it completes.
- Once the procedure done, just follow the on-screen commands to resolve unrecoverable error in QuickBooks desktop.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks remote access?
The above mentioned solutions will fix the QuickBooks Unrecoverable error and if still it remains unresolved you can reach out to the QuickBooks pro technical support phone number i.e. +1-800-969-7370 to get help and support.