Quick Fixes to QuickBooks Web connector error QBWC1085
No doubt, QuickBooks is a revolutionary accounting software that has marked its presence in the accounting world. This extraordinary software is loaded with some amazing features, and during the process of exploration of these features, QB users stumble upon a few glitches. One such error is Web connector error QBWC1085.
If you have also stuck on any such error, then this post is a must-read for you. An instant solution to the same can be, getting in touch with QuickBooks technical support experts at +1-800-969-7370, and experience professional assistance round the clock.
Read this also: Resolve QuickBooks error code PS033 like a pro
What is QuickBooks web connector?
Before we hop to the troubleshooting section, I would prefer to give you a clear insight into what actually web connector is all about. QuickBooks Web Connector is a windows application developed by Microsoft, to ensure smooth data sharing between QB Desktop and online app that is hosted on the web. Now, as we know what QuickBooks web connector is, we are eligible to find out what the error code QBWC1085 means.
Basically, this error impacts the QuickBooks Desktop version, and after the error occurs, it becomes impossible to exchange data from third-party web-based app.
What leads QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085?
Talking about the triggers to the error QBWC1085, this error is caused mainly by two common reasons, namely:
- The very first reason can be, in case the QWCLOG.TXT file of web connector program gets damaged somehow.
- And the other case can be, if the same QWCLOG.TXT file of the web connector program can’t be accessed.
When opening QuickBooks Enterprise solutions or when starting your computer, you see one of these errors:
QBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to log file.
QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
Exception TypeError: Unknown name
Steps to Repair QuickBooks web connector error QBWC1085
After learning about the QuickBooks web connector, Error QBWC1085, and also the causes of the same error, it is now time to explore the repairing procedure of the error. But before jumping on to the rectification procedure, it should be noted that enabling the Web connector program under the automatic startup programs list, and along with that don’t forget to ensure that the program is running in the background. Once verifying this, follow the below-scribbled steps and you can easily do away with the annoying error.
There can be two simple solutions to the Error QBWC1085. Let us explore each of the methods one by one:
#1: Steps to be followed, when the data is not connected to any third-party software/application
- To begin with, the user is required to run the computer in the admin mode.
- After that, visit the Program Data > Microsoft > Windows > Start menu > Program > Startup for Windows 8, 7, and vista.
- The next step is to visit the documents and settings > all users > start menu > program > startup, in case the user is using Windows XP operating system.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to format the QuickBooks Web Connector, followed by rebooting the system.
- The last and final step in this method is to check out whether the QuickBooks software is creating the log files or not.
#2: In case the data is connected to any third-party software
- The basic step in this procedure is to log out the QuickBooks and the Web connector.
- Once done with that, the user is required to visit the path C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log.
- After following the above path, the user is required to rename the QWCLOG.TXT to QWCLOGOLD.TXT.
- Completing the above step, the user is required to reopen the web connector.
- The next step is to reboot the computer, followed by opening the QuickBooks software.
- Now, the user should login the third-party application.
- Once the above step is completed, the system will start, and it is expected that the software will work in a proper manner.
- And, when all the steps are followed, the user will be able to sync with the third-party program successfully.
Following any of the above-enumerated methods, would work in getting rid of QuickBooks error QBWC1085. However, if the error is still annoying you, it would be better to consult some IT professionals. Also, you can call our QuickBook pro support team on our toll-free number i.e. +1-800-969-7370, and enjoy immediate support.