QuickBooks is regarded as one of the finest accounting software, but at the same time, this software is also prone to certain errors. One such error is the QuickBooks error code 1328, which is seen at the time of updating or installing QuickBooks. This error comes with an error message stating “Error 1328: Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp”.
In today’s post, we will be talking about the QuickBooks update error 1328, its causes and fixes. Thus, make sure that you read the post carefully and unleash the methods to fix this error. Moreover, if you are interested in getting in touch with any accounting professional and let them fix the error on your behalf, then you can call us at our toll-free support number.
You may also see: How to Fix QuickBooks Unable to Backup Company File Error?
Brief into QuickBooks error 1328
Before exploring the causes and fixes of the QuickBooks error code 1328, it is better to understand what this error is all about. This error is usually seen while updating, installing, repairing, or even uninstalling QuickBooks. This error might also show up on the laptop/computer screen in various ways, though the file reference of such errors shows the exact problem. The files referenced by these errors are usually similar to C:\config.msi\PT**.TMP, but it displayed on the screen in different ways. The causes of this error and fixes, will be displayed later in the article.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp.
Causes of QuickBooks error 1328
There can be a few possible reasons for QuickBooks update error 1328 includes installing a version with a different license number than the 2009 version that is currently installed. There are various other factors causing an error namely:
- The major cause behind this error can be during the installation of software some invalid entries left in the windows registry
- Malware attack can be another reason
- Also, if a software file has been corrupted
- Another reason can be incorrect or improper installation
- Any kind of issue in downloading the software can be another trigger to such an error
- Incorrect system shutdown, due to power failure
- Or network error while downloading the software and installing it
Methods to Fix Error 1328 When installing, uninstalling, updating, or repairing QuickBooks Desktop
There can be various methods that could help the user in resolving the QuickBooks error 1328, which we have discussed below, let us check them out:
Method 1: Locating the Config.msi file
This is the very first method, where the user is supposed to locate the config.msi file and fix the QuickBooks error 1328. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to right click on the Start key and then select the explore option
- After that, the user needs to double click on the C drive
- And also, click on the tools and choose folder
- The next step is to click the View option in the toolbar and also select the hidden files as well as folders
- Moving ahead, click to apply and then press OK tab
- After that, operate all needed system files
- Also, make a right click on config.msi and then choose the rename option
- Followed by add .old at the end of the file name and then hit Enter key
- The steps above will hide and protect the operating system files, which includes all the hidden files and folders again on the system
Method 2: Reinstalling QuickBooks and carrying out clean installation
- Initially, the user is supposed to prepare QuickBooks un-installation
- And then, make a clean installation of QuickBooks. This can be done by selecting one of the given options mentioned here:
- The first option the user gets is to install QuickBooks directly from the CD drive provided
- And, a user can install QuickBooks through a downloaded QuickBooks installation file
- The user will now have to download and simply install QuickBooks.
Method 3: Repair registered tool application
The next method to try out is to repair registered tool application. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The user will have to first run any registry repair tool and then repair the damaged registry entries that related to QuickBooks
- After that, using a malware removal tool for fixing any type of malware infection, the user is required to clear all malware issues
- The user is then needed to remove all the unwanted or junk files from the system
- And then, the user will have to uninstall all the outdated PC device drivers
- The next step is to restore by selecting undo through recent system changes
- Once done with that, the user needs to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks
- Now, run windows system file checker to scan PC for damaged files and repair
- The last step is to install all essential windows updates
Method 4: Repairing the windows installation process
The last method that one can implement in resolving the QuickBooks error 1328 is to repair the windows installation process. The steps to be followed here are:
- The very first step is to log on to the windows as an admin
- After that, the user needs to open the windows control panel and then select the programs and features option
- The next step is to locate QuickBooks in the list, select it and also click the uninstall option by selecting the appropriate tab
- Moving ahead, when the QuickBooks uninstaller appears, the user will have to select the repair option
- And the last step in the process is to run QuickBooks repair on the system and then apply the security patch when the repair process ends.
Also Read: What is QuickBooks Component Repair Tool?
Resolving the error becomes easy with the above-mentioned methods. However, if the QuickBooks error code 1328 continues to trouble you, then we highly recommend you to get in touch with our QuickBooks pro support team and they will help you out with more effective processes to resolve the issue.
Call us on our toll-free customer support number i.e. +1-844-405-0906, and avail instant technical support services. Do not hesitate in calling us anytime, we will be happy to help you.