Learn how to switch to a different version of QuickBooks Desktop without reinstalling:
Once the user gets started with QuickBooks desktop, he/she might require to look for a different version, in order to match the business needs. With the help of the license manager, the user will be able to upgrade or downgrade to a different version or add multi-user seats. If you are interested in knowing more about switching QuickBooks desktop versions without uninstalling, then reading this post ahead would be of great help.
In this article, we will be discussing the entire process in detail. Well, as an alternative to this, you can get in touch with our customer support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)405-0906. And they will guide you through the entire process smoothly.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1601?
Options to choose from
Depending upon the current version, there are a couple of options to choose from namely:
- Pro: The user can switch to Pro, plus, or premier plus
- Pro Plus: The user can switch to Pro, premier, or premier plus
- Premier: Switching to Pro plus or premier plus is another valid option
- Premier plus: Switching to pro, pro plus, or premier is also an option
It should be noted that this is only if you are using the same version year. In case the user requires to switch to a different year, then the user can change a QuickBooks desktop license number or product code.
Read Also: How to Solve QuickBooks Error Code 7010?
Steps to use QuickBooks license manager to upgrade or add multi-user seats
After the user purchase a new version of QuickBooks desktop, the steps below should be followed:
- The user needs to navigate to the help menu
- And then, manage my license and also choose switch to
- After that select the version
- The user is then required to enter the new license number and the product number
- The next step is to select OK tab to start the conversion
Once the conversion is done, the QuickBooks accounting software will restart automatically and the user can start using the new version. However, in case the user is unable to find the license and product number, then he/she can check out the license locator.
Related Article: How to Upgrade to a new QuickBooks Desktop Version?
To wrap up!
It is believed that the above stated information, might help in switching QuickBooks desktop versions without uninstalling. However, in case you are stuck somewhere, or in case of any query, do not think much in getting in touch with our QuickBooks desktop support team. You can call us at 1-844-405-0906, and our accounting professionals will clear all your clouds of confusion.