Looking for a guide to upgrade internet explorer to open QuickBooks desktop? Or are you getting an error message stating “upgrade internet explorer in QuickBooks desktop”? Well, if yes, need not to worry, as we will be talking about the process to upgrade internet explorer. In case the user is making use of an older version of internet explorer, then he/she might get this sort of error message in QuickBooks desktop.
It should be noted that every version of QuickBooks has its corresponding system requirements. And for QuickBooks desktop 2021, it needs the internet explorer 11 as the browser. As it is an updated software, it should work with an updated browser to be able to run it seamlessly. Read the article ahead, to find the out the step by step process to upgrade internet explorer to open QuickBooks desktop. Or you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks support team and ask them to handle the situation for you. Give us a call at our toll-free customer support number. Our experts and certified professionals will provide you with immediate assistance.
You may also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000?
Steps to upgrade internet explorer
The user can upgrade the internet explorer, with the steps below:
- The user needs to first of all close QuickBooks desktop
- And then follow the steps for your windows operating system to upgrade the internet explorer 11
- For upgrading the internet explorer to 11, the user is required to click on start icon tab
- And then, type in internet explorer
- Followed by, selecting the internet explorer
- The user will have to click on the gear icon in the upper right corner
- Also, the user needs to select about internet explorer
- Now, check the box next to install new versions automatically
- And click on close tab
- Now the internet explorer will automatically stay up to date, keeping windows internet explorer services patched
- The last step is to reopen the QuickBooks desktop
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006?
Verifying and troubleshooting QuickBooks desktop and internet explorer settings
In case the system can’t connect to the internet outside of QuickBooks desktop, but you have issues updating payroll or performing tasks, the user might need to configure internet explorer in system.
Verifying internet explorer settings:
- The user needs make the internet explorer the default browser
- And then, verify that the system date and time is correct
- After that check the cipher strength
- And also, update the settings by selecting tools and internet options
You may see Also: What are the steps to fix QuickBooks Error code 1321?
The user can make use of the QuickBooks tool hub, by carrying out the steps below and try fixing the issue:
- The user needs to close QuickBooks
- And then, it is recommended to download the most recent version. The user will have to save the file somewhere, where it can be found easily.
- After that the user will have to open the file downloaded
- And also, follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions
- And when the install finishes, the user needs to double click the icon on windows desktop to open the QuickBooks tool hub.
After this, the user will have to run the quick fix my program, from the QuickBooks tools hub, and select the program problems. And select the quick fix my program. And start QuickBooks desktop and open the data file.
It is believed that the information we have shared in above might help in upgrading the internet explorer to open QuickBooks desktop. However, if you have any query, or you need any sort of technical assistance, then in that case feel free to call us at our toll-free customer support number i.e. +1-844-405-0906. Our experts and certified accounting professionals will ensure to provide you with immediate technical assistance.